Gloversville Fire Dept using new Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
Last week, Gloversville Fire switched to using a repeater off of the new water tower that was built into the city. A friend who works in the fire department told me they are still using only one channel to receive their pages and communicate with dispatch and each other, but now they are using a repeater unlike before (Their old frequency is still programmed in as a backup in case the repeater goes down). I can hear traffic clear from Dispatch ONLY on 154.97250000 and on 158.97750000 I can hear their units but it's all static. I'm not hearing else on any other frequencies for this site. Any ideas? (My friend has no clue what they are using for frequencies on the repeater)

Source: FCC Callsign WRCQ889 (FULTON COUNTY CIVIL DEFENSE & FIRE)

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
As of right now, they’re still paged on the county fire dispatch channel 154.2650.

We’re still awaiting word on the new simulcast system.

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
Gloversville doesn’t use county fire to get paged or use county fire at all. Gloversville new channel can be heard on 154.9725, I believe there was just some technical difficulties the first couple days, now I can hear radio traffic clear on both ends on that frequency.

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
The county received approval to have a simulcast system installed so that dispatchers aren’t constantly switching between towers which creates confusion, instead they’ll be able to broadcast on all of them at once. I believe the plan when they finally get it done is to switch to have a paging channel and a response channel. I haven’t heard anything about when they are going to start working on it.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Work supposedly started late in 2019 and was supposed to have been completed by now. My understanding is that they discovered that the equipment building at one of the towers needed to be replaced which delayed the whole system‘s completion.

There haven’t been any updates recently from the county to the agencies or I would have more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.