Glynn County 5000 series TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just drove through Glynn County on I 95 and noticed a number of TGs in the 5000 series. All sounded like LE TG including one 5904 (I think) that was a county tie to the GSP. (I heard the initial call and mile marker and saw the GSP cruiser).

Dic
N1XBA

Stavro35

I used to live down there, Saint simons island Georgia. I know for a fact that Jekyll island was on the Glynn/Brunswick TRS . I can look at my notes and see if I can confirm that for you?

abbadabbado

gsp on glen county system

we spend about three weeks a summer at jeckyle island douring the fall an spring. i found the gsp on glen countys system there own id. the island has its own patrol officer. the officers dispatch goes by jeckel// best time to listen is on the weekends. there tag was 5968 the last 3 tim es we were there he does just regular patrol. i programed in glen countys system but entered the only id of 5968. put 996t on scan scans all the time just enough traffic to let you know what is happening around us.also scan the island F-R ON VHF hope to go back this fall out of season great rates not many people.

Stavro35

Glynn county

we spend about three weeks a summer at jeckyle island douring the fall an spring. i found the gsp on glen countys system there own id. the island has its own patrol officer. the officers dispatch goes by jeckel// best time to listen is on the weekends. there tag was 5968 the last 3 tim es we were there he does just regular patrol. i programed in glen countys system but entered the only id of 5968. put 996t on scan scans all the time just enough traffic to let you know what is happening around us.also scan the island F-R ON VHF hope to go back this fall out of season great rates not many people.

You mean Jekyll island and Glynn county. Glynn county fire and rescue and Jekyll island are both on the Glynn Brunswick TRS . I would assume that they still simulcast on the old vhf frequencies for the volunteers who probably only have the old vhf pagers.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Jekyll Island Fire Department

Jekyll Island Fire Department has a talkgroup on the Glynn County TRS - TG 5104 - but it doesn't see frequent use. JIFD mostly uses 151.0475.

Status
Not open for further replies.