Glynn County FD/EMS Dispatch

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
It looks like Glynn County FD/EMS has changed their dispatch channel on the SEGARRN system. Having not heard anything on their dispatch talkgroup 13320 for a few days, I put Unitrunker to work. In short order, I started seeing known Glynn FD and Dispatch UIDs joining and using TG 13327 with encryption so it looks like they've gone encrypted. I've not yet seen anything that indicates their Channel 2 and 3 talkgroups have changed.

So far, there hasn't seemed to be a change in Brunswick FD's dispatch talkgroup.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
According to a post on Facebook by GCPD they are "upgrading" their radio system. It's been like this for 3 weeks now. I think this was just a ploy to go encrypted without actually announcing it. Sucks because I just bought a brand new SDS200.

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
According to a post on Facebook by GCPD they are "upgrading" their radio system. It's been like this for 3 weeks now. I think this was just a ploy to go encrypted without actually announcing it. Sucks because I just bought a brand new SDS200.
I play airsoft with a county officer and I asked him today, PD, fire and EMS are now all DE and will not be switching back. He confirmed what has been suspected here, looks like all radio traffic for glynn County is DE or soon will be.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I figured that is what they were doing. Did he/she say why? What's odd is they are broadcasting on Broadcastify. I just bought a brand new SDS200 only to listen to GSP, GPAPD and other counties :(

What I don't like is they didn't say anything on their FB about encryption. Only that they were "upgrading" their frequencies. I suspected that was complete BS as the frequencies worked just find. I put my scanner in Discovery mode and noticed several known TGID's were now encrypted.

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I figured that is what they were doing. Did he/she say why? What's odd is they are broadcasting on Broadcastify. I just bought a brand new SDS200 only to listen to GSP, GPAPD and other counties :(

What I don't like is they didn't say anything on their FB about encryption. Only that they were "upgrading" their frequencies. I suspected that was complete BS as the frequencies worked just find. I put my scanner in Discovery mode and noticed several known TGID's were now encrypted.
He's actually with liberty/long county sheriff but he frequents Glynn county, he didn't understand why they did it either. He says liberty and long county will not be going encrypted as they have a tqc channel for that and he said its only for specific use like SWAT or drug teams. According to him all dispatch channels will remain clear as far as he knows.

Radiofan1982

Police I can understand some of the needs Fire those is very much hard to understand besides EMS to hospital perhaps Only thing I can think of is that there reason is likely because they have it as a capable option they can use it rather if it needed or not it's another tool in there pockets .But it does make you wonder what the fire department excuse it has to hide under.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber

They didnt but they gave several local media agencies radios, and PD posted their own feed. Problem there is the feed is wayyy old and delayed. Its so they can say they have "transparency" but its useless for live events.

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
They didnt but they gave several local media agencies radios, and PD posted their own feed. Problem there is the feed is wayyy old and delayed. Its so they can say they have "transparency" but its useless for live events.
Exactly the same with Savannah, thankfully only PD is DE right now and from what I am told by friends in high places they have no plans to ever encrypt anything else.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
So what does Long county have active on the SEGRRN system?

Bata745

Premium Subscriber
Before everyone eats the new guy alive, the short answer is "no". In the U.S., decrypting encrypted radio transmissions is generally illegal.

thanks for not being an ass and just emojing me to death! ive been programing and listening to scanners for 25 years. i was just curious without doing anything illegal if there was a way to do it legally!

Jri1989

I play airsoft with a county officer and I asked him today, PD, fire and EMS are now all DE and will not be switching back. He confirmed what has been suspected here, looks like all radio traffic for glynn County is DE or soon will be.
What does DE mean ??