Glynn County Ga Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHallie

Premium Subscriber
Would someone please post an update of the status of the Brunswick/Glynn County GA Public Safety scanning availability? I read the old posts and it looks like most everything is encrypted except one post that seemed to indicate Glynn County was going to decrypt. Those threads looked old and closed. I enjoy listening to the activity when I come to visit St Simons on the fourth.
My PRO-96 picks up some activity on the old Control. Channels, but my HP-2 is totally silent with the services provided when I put in St Simons zip code.

KFR_697

Would someone please post an update of the status of the Brunswick/Glynn County GA Public Safety scanning availability? I read the old posts and it looks like most everything is encrypted except one post that seemed to indicate Glynn County was going to decrypt. Those threads looked old and closed. I enjoy listening to the activity when I come to visit St Simons on the fourth.
My PRO-96 picks up some activity on the old Control. Channels, but my HP-2 is totally silent with the services provided when I put in St Simons zip code.

Yes, Glynn County PD is for all intensive purposes mainly encrypted. However GCPD 1 (Dispatch), is unencrypted on TG 13356 and TG 13398 GCPD "all call" is likewise unencrypted on Southeast GA Regional Radio Network (SEGARRN). However GCPD 2 and up are all encrypted on this system. Pretty much all other local LE agencies in the county to include Brunswick Police Department, Glynn County Sheriffs Office, College of Coastal GA Police, and Southeast GA Health System (Hospital) Police/Security are all encrypted. The county Fire/EMS med channel is also encrypted. So that pretty much only leaves you with GCPD 1, City and County Fire Departments, County Public Works and Parks/Rec, Animal Control, County School Board Police, Port Authority Police, and State Law Enforcement (GA State Patrol and GA Dept. Of Natural Resources) to monitor with your radio. Since this is a multi county networked system, you will occasionally also be able to pick up different TG's from other neighboring jurisdictions that are also users of the system from time to time, in addition to Glynn County when you are monitoring the Glynn County site.

The main control channel/freq for Glynn County is almost always 772.55625 MHz, and rarely ever changes. This is a P25 Phase I system, so you need to need to set up your scanner accordingly.

DocHallie

Premium Subscriber
Glynn County Encryption

Thanks KFR_697, that's exactly what I was looking for. My first time posting on the forum and thrilled at the quick response. I will play around with the data you gave me.

KFR_697

Thanks KFR_697, that's exactly what I was looking for. My first time posting on the forum and thrilled at the quick response. I will play around with the data you gave me.

Your welcome DocHallie, it was my pleasure!. I live in a neighboring county and I am in Glynn County on a pretty semi regular basis and monitor the system likewise in the same. If you have any further questions, feel free to post and myself as well as others will do our best to provide an answer. Good luck with your monitoring when you come down/up to the area from where you reside at. So far the TG information for Glynn County on the SEGARRN information page is accurate at this time, most Glynn County TG's are 133xx series talkgroups. If you find anything that is not already listed that's unencrypted while you are here, please share with the forum so we can work on getting an ID on the user of it. Many thanks!.

DocHallie

Premium Subscriber
Will do! I have been listening on the Marine band. Talked to one of the pilots yesterday and learned they use Ch.12 to set up assisting with. navigating thru the Brunswick channels. Within 20 minutes I heard a foreign Captain calling in as he mis-pronounced St Simons. That made it fascinating. I will bring an external antenna next year and Scan those Freqs for activity.
I will drive back to Marietta tomorrow and take the back roads thru my old home town of Jesup and should be able to hear a lot of VHF. Thanks again.

KFR_697

Will do! I have been listening on the Marine band. Talked to one of the pilots yesterday and learned they use Ch.12 to set up assisting with. navigating thru the Brunswick channels. Within 20 minutes I heard a foreign Captain calling in as he mis-pronounced St Simons. That made it fascinating. I will bring an external antenna next year and Scan those Freqs for activity.
I will drive back to Marietta tomorrow and take the back roads thru my old home town of Jesup and should be able to hear a lot of VHF. Thanks again.

Very cool!, I dont do much Marine band monitoring but I have on rare occasions. I have made contact with one of the ships before to do a radio check, that was fun. I have often imagined what life on board those ships coming in and out of Brunswick is like, getting paid to sail across the world like that would be quite an experience but I think I would be homesick (and possibly seasick Lol) after being at sea for months at a time. Yeah Jesup/Wayne County is still on VHF, you are golden as far as they go. No problem, hope everything went well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.