• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GM300 monitor setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I'm using a GM300 connected with a rj45 cable into the microphone port of the radio to a SignaLInk interface to work with a digital radio application. My question is, is there a setting in the programming software or another way to have the radio receive with the PL on not open
pl/CSQ ? As it does when the microphone is connected and in its cradle. Thanks

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks for the info. Can I do it through the pins in the back?

Sure, if you were good with a small soldering iron. It would be easier, and easier to return to normal service, if you just short the pins. It was common to just use an RJ-45 plug with a loop of wire in the front of those, and just pull audio off the rear 16 pin connector. But, whatever works for you.

Golay

Premium Subscriber
If the OP isn't going to be hanging the mic up, do what I do. I take a small paper clip and wrap it around the clip on the back of the mic, that mimics the mike hung up. No need for programming, soldering, etc. Just remove the paperclip to re-enable.

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If the OP isn't going to be hanging the mic up, do what I do. I take a small paper clip and wrap it around the clip on the back of the mic, that mimics the mike hung up. No need for programming, soldering, etc. Just remove the paperclip to re-enable.

OP isn't using a microphone. He's got it connected to a SignalLink box using an RJ-45 cable.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Thanks for all this great info. I did short 3 & 4 on the RJ-45 cable. But I must have got another wire too, I don't have PTT working on the radio now. I ran out of time today to look further into the issue. I'll have more time tomorrow to check it out. Thanks again.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
If I jump 7 to 14 will that do the same thing as shorting 3 and 4 on the RJ45?

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Ok, thank you all for your help and great info. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I actually cut the two wires and shorted them. It did close the PL but it wouldn't transmit. Then I thought about it and hooked the two wires back together and shorted them across leaving them intact through. That was it. Thanks again, I always learn when I ask questions on this great forum.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Ok, thank you all for your help and great info. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I actually cut the two wires and shorted them. It did close the PL but it wouldn't transmit. Then I thought about it and hooked the two wires back together and shorted them across leaving them intact through. That was it. Thanks again, I always learn when I ask questions on this great forum.

Yep, it needs the ground connection for the PTT.

The rear 16 pin connector will work, and it's also a good way to connect audio. You can buy the 16pin connector kits pretty cheap off e-Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.