Gmail+Notifacation+graphics crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
For those who have Gmail you proverbially have clicked on the bell icon on the top right of the screen (notification for something other). I rarely use this button, but one day I clicked on it and I had a graphics failure/crash.The graphics drivers attempted to recover but in the end it resulted in a black screen. I'm on the EVGA forums and no one over there knows (not throwing down on them in the least). This is just a stupid glitch that is annoying.

I've tried loading previous graphic drivers with no improvement and I have not updated my browser since the first occurrence (several months ago). The only thing that makes sense is that Gmail is trying to launch/interact with something and my computer will have no of it and the graphics crash. Again, its just annoying, it will probably get fixed when I do my bi-annually OS reload.

CapStar362

check the event viewer... filter it down to errors and hardware

i find it hard a browser feature can bring down a GPU Like that....

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
I did 2 intentional crashes this morning and tried o find them in EventViewer. It found the 2 crashes, but the only 'logs' it took was that it simply shutdown unexpectedly. I can screen shot the binary code that shows the error, but all it says is that is crashed twice.

All it does when it crashes is both my monitors flash on and off a few times then is goes black. Occasionally I can catch a glimpse of a notification reading "Graphics failure or something and ti attempting to recover".

CapStar362

may i see that ?

and your system specs, in FULL

GPU's, CPU, RAM + Amount, Drives, Windows + Packs, PSU... those things i need to see

also, does it by chance ever BSOD? if it HAS, can i get your dump files? located here: C:\Windows\Minidump

PM for email to send to

Status
Not open for further replies.