GMNF 169.1750R/???.????

in my area I haven’t heard any chatter on their normal channel 2 most of the sheriffs are digital. Washington county does have a digital repeater but they do not use it. Pretty much all of them have an analog and a direct channel programmed in the radios. Most of not all have the UTAC channels programmed in with The call channel repeat side freq. wondering I haven’t seen anything on Vermont but has anybody heard anything on the Green Mountain national Forest? I do know that the White Mountain national Forest, NECC as they call it. I know a couple of the frequencies they use but have never been able to find the exact new NTIA input channel.

cmpsa

I can help you with that, confirmed:
National Forest Service {NFS} (Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont)
169.1750 VT Statewide Rptrs PL 110.9 (input has various input PL tones)
166.5625 simplex PL ??? {saw on scanner list, but never heard anything in 4 years}

When I'm around the Killington area, I hear daily transmissions from the NFS staff talking back & forth to the Rutland (231 North Main St, Rutland) and Rochester (99 Ranger Rd, Rochester, off VT Rt 100) ranger station offices. Most radio comms from Rochester is maintenance related (i.e. fixing gates, checking water gauges, and other misc type work). Very rarely do I hear anything like a lost person search. Have heard of a brush fires, vandalism calls, & check on a camp site type calls. Hope that helps.

Here's the RadioReference page (includes repeater location listing):

I’m looking for the input frequency to the repeaters. I can hear them when I travel up and down NH 93 and VT Rt. 5. All their receive tones are 110.9. This winter I caught it but can’t remember where I wrote it down got a new scanner an old 2096 I want to program it in. I have looked at radio references website but it doesn’t show their new input channel can sometimes also here green mountain talking to Campton office in New Hampshire that’s apparently like dispatch for the whole Northeast

repeaters. I can hear them when I travel up and down NH 93 and VT Rt. 5. All their receive tones are 110.9. This winter I caught it but can’t remember where I wrote it down got a new scanner an old 2096 I want to program it in. I have looked at radio references website but it doesn’t show their new input channel can sometimes also here green mountain talking to Campton office in New Hampshire that’s apparently like dispatch for the whole Northeast

ecps92

Almost 2 yrs ago now, WMNF and GGMNF changed the input frequencies due to NTIA Rules.

WMNF was an easy find [already in the Wiki], but now the project is to match up the input tones to the Old and new Repeaters.

This past fall [Oct], while over in No.Conway on our way to Twin Mtn, we stopped at the Interval Scenic Vista
I ran across a new frequency and it was at the end of the day, reporting Weather for VT [didn't get it again, due to the weekend]
and being the end of the season the Campton dispatch was closed for the weekend.

Even sat down the road from the Campton Office 3-5p waiting.
But it must put out a great signal where ever 164.9375 is for me to get it in North Conway, if it is Campton

What I got was 164.9375 146.2 , my assumption on this is"
Campton was transmitting to another remote site that then keys up the Real input to GMNF repeaters [generally had seen this with UHF Links not VHF Links]

Or Campton is just able to get into only one of the higher sites for GMNF - looking at Topo maps, I am guessing this might be
Killington or Philadelphia is my guess as Equinox is to far south and too any mountains to have a direct path from Campton

Again, all assumptions and I didn't want to take the VTSP thread and HiJack it , so thanks for creating this thread.

repeaters. I can hear them when I travel up and down NH 93 and VT Rt. 5. All their receive tones are 110.9. This winter I caught it but can’t remember where I wrote it down got a new scanner an old 2096 I want to program it in. I have looked at radio references website but it doesn’t show their new input channel can sometimes also here green mountain talking to Campton office in New Hampshire that’s apparently like dispatch for the whole Northeast

Sh3rb3rt

I will be listening to 169.175 and watching for signals on nearby frequencies with RTL-SDR to try to see the input freq when they key up. Hearing the inputs and confirming tones may be hard given my location (Mad River Valley) I do camp in the GMNF in Grandville a lot in the summer. Will see what I can find when I am closer to the Rochester station. I will will update here if I can find it. Just silence so far. May take a while given the state of things right now.

Well they have a repeater in Lincoln Peak which isn’t too far from you in Mad River. I know they change the input. I do know when I was down there talking to one of the Rangers he transmitted on Mount Washington and hit it clear as day from headquarters, also Milan Hill is still active for them And it was never taken out of service. Their radios are program to east and west groups, some of the channels do overlap in the groups. I can hear green mountain national forest transmit off the same output channel 169.1750R110.9Hz. mostly coming off of Killington or Lincoln Peak.

Sh3rb3rt

Well they have a repeater in Lincoln Peak which isn’t too far from you in Mad River. I know they change the input. I do know when I was down there talking to one of the Rangers he transmitted on Mount Washington and hit it clear as day from headquarters, also Milan Hill is still active for them And it was never taken out of service. Their radios are program to east and west groups, some of the channels do overlap in the groups. I can hear green mountain national forest transmit off the same output channel 169.1750R110.9Hz. mostly coming off of Killington or Lincoln Peak.
I can see Lincoln Peak out my window. Hearing the repeater on 169.1750 110.9Hz is not an issue. Hearing the input freq from a truck on the south end of Grandville gorge may be impossible from here due to my elevation. If they come up to the northern terminus of the GMNF (Slide Brook Basin) I won't have any issue. I have never seen a ranger north of forest road 25 however. I will keep trying, but this may take some time.

chrismol1

Premium Subscriber
169.175 Friday 3:00PM weather broadcast, also some weather broadcasts early morning 7-8am. Earlier this week heard someone loud and clear calling in "on the Equinox repeater"