Gmrs Channel 20 (462.6750)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
i have the frs&gmrs channels on my pro-97 i always hear someone keying up the microphone and not saying anything for hours at a time or just flat out cursing at people to get off "his" channel. i heard him a few days ago identify himself as living in New York im not sure where but its annoying when im scanning these channels because it keeps stoping on the channel and then i lock it out and its a very stong signal.i thought the frs and gmrs channels are for public use and not owned by anyone and anyone can use them. anyone else hear this guy?

thanks

SCANdal

Silent Key
This particular situation is a fine specimen of what was wrong with the FCC

General Mobile Radio Service channels are not for "public" use. One must be licensed by the Federal Communications Commission to use GMRS frequencies. If someone chooses to put a repeater on the air using a GMRS frequency pair, that repeater can be a closed one- meaning that only the owner himself and whom he selects can use the repeater. There are a number of closed repeater networks throughout the Metro area; BLUECom is one that comes to mind, LI GMRS Alliance is another.

I am familiar with the situation you heard the other day. There is a closed GMRS repeater atop Rockefeller Center that unauthorized users have gained access to. When certain 'authorized' users key up on that repeater (or it's simplex output, at times) the unauthorized stations will jam them. Since, as it's known in the business, the FCC's "Enfarcement" Bureau is so weak, this condition has existed for years. No efforts have been made to crack down on the illegal jammers of that repeater (a group of whom, by the way, are known for operating illegally in the media band - 450s - and the ham bands as well), probably because it will require some work on their part out in the field. What has happened is the lazy way out was taken; since those with a license obviously have an address on file. Hold on to your hats for this one: the FCC has instructed the legally licensed, authorized users to stay off the repeater in question in an effort to avoid antagonizing the jammers and provoking them to jam! One 'authorized' user who's known to get a little hotheaded at times when jammed - probably out of frustration that this has gone on for as long as it has - probably didn't realize what mode he was in (repeat or direct) when he keyed up. The jammer(s) realizes he was on the air and, presto, the foolishness begins. This is likely what you heard.

Since word of a particular retirement at the FCC (Thank God and Good Riddance) has spread, there is now a faint glimmer of hope that things will change over there.

SCANdal

Last edited:

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Bruce has a long history in NYC. For a while he, with permission from its owner, over saw the Rock Ctr repeater. This "authority" set him free to go after many jammers. Thoes confrontations were intence. He lives in Queens and makes some money selling photos of accident and violence victims to certin Japanese media. IW, what freq did you hear him on?

n2nov

The owner of the 147.360 machine told me last year (when the crap caused the machine to be turned off) that Bruce was _never_ given Control Op status - he gave it to himself. It's this attitude that also found him transmitting on VHF Marine acting as an official coastal/rescue station. The USCG was particularly perturbed by this.

IW_RADIO

Bruce has a long history in NYC. For a while he, with permission from its owner, over saw the Rock Ctr repeater. This "authority" set him free to go after many jammers. Thoes confrontations were intence. He lives in Queens and makes some money selling photos of accident and violence victims to certin Japanese media. IW, what freq did you hear him on?
He was heard on 462.675 GMRS in Manhattan (GE Bldg). I have also heard him a few months ago on the 2-meter hammy repeater 147.360 atop the same building identifying as N2YHI.

However, another GMRS/Hammy "nut-job" from Long Island is now causing havoc on many GMRS & Hammy repeaters over the past several weeks, primarily on the N2ROW repeater system. He is the same young individual that was caught by the FCC in January for jamming police and public safety systems in Suffolk County.

Radioreporter

I heard they were talking about me. I check and I find N2NOV spreading more of the same baloney he has been telling the FCC about me. I called to complain about him to the Coast Guard, he's a wanna be aux or something, a real hat and patch guy.

His partner even had the nerve to say that while I was on a ham channel with my call sign, I was also rebroadcasting myself on SPEN 1 in NJ, which I can't reach, and doesn't make sense anyway. Why would I do that?

Despite the obvious, n2nov's partner insisted I was the guy because he heard me in real time, refusing to acknowledge all the jammers that the wonderfully useless govt clown known as Riley Hollingsworth had never bothered could be the actual culprit.

Mr Hargrove and his partner joined in with another ham who was illegally trying to hook the 36 machine to the IRL without permission. After 30 keyups, he was stepped on, which made his voice appear finally. He didn't know what he was doing.

As far as I can tell, he made a complaint that I was jamming and n2nov and partner chimed in with some whopping lies, despite the fact that his co-complaintant was the violator. I have the tape.

I saved 8 people from drowning in the Hackensack River a while back. They only know me as a "ham operator." 1411 thought it was a phony call, but I made the connection between the Secaucus Police and the aided's location.

They called me back to say I saved all their lives and I was their guardian angel. I've taken countless 911 calls over the years and I find a clown like n2nov disturbing because he runs around as a hat and patch pretend guy while I'm actually doing the job.

I called and asked the CG station in SI if they had a problem with me helping them and they were thrilled that someone was covering the dead spots in the East River.

Case in point was the 2 MAYDAY calls by young guys under the 59 bridge 3 mins apart. Only I caught the fact that it was 2 vessels and called 911 to tell them. "Who the hell are you? they asked. I heard them ask Truck one who said it was one and the same. I went over to Roosevelt Island to see Marine 3 FDNY had the second vessel under tow.

So as far as the Coast Guard not liking me, that's contained to just Mr Hargrove, who has a rather strange attitude, just like that Islandwide (IW) pirate clown who has had a nasty but hidden mouth for several different message boards. He doesn't mind telling everybody all my info while he is hiding behind a pirate flag. More BS. It's not because of ARRL poitics they kicked Hargrove out of ARES.

And I was the control op on 36 and the UHF until Hollingsworth, who had no power other than to send a paper blizard to known stations because the US Att didn't want to be bothered, lied his way into getting me off.

Why don't you guys just shut up. If you actually have something then say it, not just your tired baloney.

When and if you save 8 people, then you can criticize me. Until then I would ask you shut your foul mouths.....

Radioreporter

Hiding

I heard him over the weekend. He is the well known Bruce "Barking Dog" Williams who identifies as station WQBV391.

And what nwould your name and call sign be or are you just a cowardly big mouth with a fountain of misinformation?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am tired of this attacking, bickering, nonsense that happens on the NY and NJ boards. This will stop. If you want to attack each other, do it on some other "radio" board. IW_RADIO, you were suspended once before attacking members, you get no further slack than this warning. Radioreporter, I don't know you, nor have you posted enough to get a sense of you; however, your retort comes close to an attack.

Everyone else, efforts to stoke the flames will not be tolerated either.

This thread is closed. Indeed, although it is over a month old, it has very few posts worth anything. To the OP, I am sorry your thread has degraded to this level, but it cannot remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.