GMRS in Topeka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0JRD

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there is a GMRS in the Topeka area? I remember hearing one a couple years ago but dont remember what it was. Does anyone use it in Topeka besides the local businesses? Or what about Lawrence or Kansas City area?

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Does anyone know if there is a GMRS in the Topeka area? I remember hearing one a couple years ago but dont remember what it was. Does anyone use it in Topeka besides the local businesses? Or what about Lawrence or Kansas City area?
There is one in the Capitol City and it is public. 462.600 100.0 PL , you must be licensed though.

There were one on the west side of Shawnee Ks, here in Johnson County , but not sure
if it is still up 462.700 110.9.

HH

talkpair

There were one on the west side of Shawnee Ks, here in Johnson County , but not sure
if it is still up 462.700 110.9.
It's been a while since I've monitored 70, but there was a family licensed as KAF4575 that operated a machine for years.

Nice bunch of folks they are......Chatted with them simplex about 15 years ago when they had a caravan in St Joseph. I was attending a hamfest there, and assume they were doing the same.

This was before blister packed radios, so it's hard to say if they still operate that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.