• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GMRS license

Status
Not open for further replies.

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
If I get a GMRS license what is the maximum wattage I am allowed to use and can I use the GMRS frequencies on 12.5khz

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Not sure whwere you get 12.5KHz but as far as power the maximum is 50W on repeater. 5W on simplex

GMRS Frequencies:
462.675*

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If I get a GMRS license what is the maximum wattage I am allowed to use and can I use the GMRS frequencies on 12.5khz

The 12.5 khz. channels are splinter channels from 462.5625 to 462.7125 and these are a max of 5 watts only on simplex.

n9zas

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

That's 5w ERP on the splinter channels that are shared with FRS channels 1-7. You can use up to 50w TPO on the 8 main channels, whether you are operating simplex or through a repeater.

Last edited:

willgrah

I ment narrowband insted of 12.5khz am I aloud to run the frequencies on narrowband?

GMRS is not effected (so far) by the FCC narrowband transition. Nothing says you have to transmit narrowband but nothing says you cannot. I am not sure technically if there is any advantage to running wide or narrow.

And yes, 50 watts on the GMRS only channels, simplex or repeater. The shared channels 5 watts ERP, FRS .5 Watt ERP.

Status
Not open for further replies.