• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GMRS Repeater site for MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPSMP

Does anyone know of a website that has repeater iand user info for the state of Mn. Also looking for any React stations using the GMRS emergency channel

Does anyone know of a website that has repeater iand user info for the state of Mn. Also looking for any React stations using the GMRS emergency channel

You might beable to get better help in the MN Forum. There are locals that might know what you are talking about.

blastco2

Which gmrs channel is the emergency channel? And who/how/when was it designated as such? Not trying to be smart#$$, honest curiosity, need for knowledge.

Which gmrs channel is the emergency channel? And who/how/when was it designated as such? Not trying to be smart#$$, honest curiosity, need for knowledge.

What I heard and looked up on the computer I found that 462.675 is usually a travel channel with a 141.3 PL. I think channel 1 or 462.5625 is the national calling freq and emergency channel. I maybe wrong on this. If I am wrong somebody correct me please.

stmills

462.675 was officially an emergency channel prior to the Feb 1999 update to part 95. At that time licensees were licensed to up to 2 channel pairs of the repeater channels and the 452.675 emergency pair.

rapidcharger

I think it was designated a travellers info and "emergency" use (not necessarily for distress calls) by React and other GMRS groups. Not an FCC designation to my knowledge. I don't see anything in the current part 95 that makes .675 any more an "emergency channel" than any other.

462.675 was officially an emergency channel prior to the Feb 1999 update to part 95. At that time licensees were licensed to up to 2 channel pairs of the repeater channels and the 452.675 emergency pair.

I think it was designated a travellers info and "emergency" use (not necessarily for distress calls) by React and other GMRS groups. Not an FCC designation to my knowledge. I don't see anything in the current part 95 that makes .675 any more an "emergency channel" than any other.

Thank you both for clarfing it for me and him.

stmills

Prior to Feb 1999 rule changes 462.675/467.675 was the official emergency/ traveler assistance channel. At that time licensee could get licensed on 2 repeater pairs and the 5watt channels, all licenses were authorized by 95.29e1 for soliciting or rendering assistance to traveler, or for communicating in an emergency pertaining to the immediate safety of life or the immediate protection of property. This was removed in the Feb 1999 rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.