GMRS Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very confused about some of my local GMRS Repeaters and how to access them. I have some small handhelds "Midlands" I can hear them clearly talking without a PL Tone. I have the correct PL Tone when I put the correct PL Tone in I still hear them clearly, but everytime I attempt to key up and identify my call sign no one ever reply's and I have also tried testing it with my scanner and after I get down the road my radio buts out so I know i'm not connected to the GMRS Repeater. What is something I am doing incorrectly or something I don't know about.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Very confused about some of my local GMRS Repeaters and how to access them. I have some small handhelds "Midlands" I can hear them clearly talking without a PL Tone. I have the correct PL Tone when I put the correct PL Tone in I still hear them clearly, but everytime I attempt to key up and identify my call sign no one ever reply's and I have also tried testing it with my scanner and after I get down the road my radio buts out so I know i'm not connected to the GMRS Repeater. What is something I am doing incorrectly or something I don't know about.

Possible the input freq to the repeater might be using a different pl tone?

12dbsinad

Are these Midlands GMRS repeater capable? It sound like you are transmitting on simplex on the repeater output frequency. Make sure you have the 5 Mhz offset correct as well as the PL tone.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Are these Midlands GMRS repeater capable? It sound like you are transmitting on simplex on the repeater output frequency. Make sure you have the 5 Mhz offset correct as well as the PL tone.

That was gonna be my follow up question for him. It sounds like that's his problem by the way he described the radios. I remember those days as a kid using a bubble pack radio trying to talk to people that were on a repeater. Haha

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"Calm down, it's just a radio."

Status
Not open for further replies.