• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

gmrs repeaters in MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm991

Does anyone know what it means when you find a repeater and it says GCC admin?
Here is the link
GMRS Repeaters

bummed doesn't seem to be any gmrs repeaters around me...:(

thanks

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
What you might want to do is just take a scanner and just search the GMRS frequency range. There might be repeaters in your area that are not listed on that site.

ecps92

Becareful just appearing on someones repeater. :cool:
Listen for call signs, look up the call in the FCC
and make contact via email/mail or phone

There are plenty of GMRS in eastern mass, many remain "closed"
which is why they were never listed

What you might want to do is just take a scanner and just search the GMRS frequency range. There might be repeaters in your area that are not listed on that site.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Becareful just appearing on someones repeater. :cool:
Listen for call signs, look up the call in the FCC
and make contact via email/mail or phone

There are plenty of GMRS in eastern mass, many remain "closed"
which is why they were never listed

What he said!! You definitely want to make sure you contact the repeater owner on GMRS, like ecps92 said most GMRS repeaters are closed systems and some require you just contact the repeater owner for permission and some require some sort of membership IE paying dues and what not.

gm991

What he said!! You definitely want to make sure you contact the repeater owner on GMRS, like ecps92 said most GMRS repeaters are closed systems and some require you just contact the repeater owner for permission and some require some sort of membership IE paying dues and what not.

Ohhh yeah of course I would contact the owner for sure.
So this might seem like a dumb question but how do I program a range of freq into the scanner?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Depending on the scanner you have. I would just do a limit search of 462.575-462.700.

My RS pro197 I can just go into the service search and just select FRS/GMRS/MURS

n1das

Depending on the scanner you have. I would just do a limit search of 462.575-462.700.

My RS pro197 I can just go into the service search and just select FRS/GMRS/MURS

To cover all of the GMRS primary channels, try searching from 462.550 thru 462.725.

gm991

Well got it scanning the gmrs, thanks guys
So can I do the same foe murs?
If so what would be the range?

Thanks

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I would just program the murs freqs directly into the scanner, and you could do what with the GMRS freqs.

Murs
Ch1 151.820
Ch2 151.880
Ch3 151.940
Ch4 154.570
Ch5 154.600.

Channels 4 and 5 are commonly used by Wal Mart FYI. You can still use those two channels though they do not own them even though they think so. The walmart by me uses those two channels in carrier squelch mode.

gm991

So I have been using my scanner to scan 462.xxx and have had a hit or two. So if I get permission to use this repeater. (new at this...;);)).. What do I program into the radio In the rx and tx fields in the software?
I'm guessing 462.xxx in the RX field and 467.xxxx in the TX field?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Yes, but you would also need the correct access tone IE PL (CTCSS) or DPL (DCS) tone in order to be able to access the repeater. If you contact the repeater owner and they give you permission they will give you the correct tones you would need.

gm991

Yes, but you would also need the correct access tone IE PL (CTCSS) or DPL (DCS) tone in order to be able to access the repeater. If you contact the repeater owner and they give you permission they will give you the correct tones you would need.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.