GMRS repeaters in the Raleigh area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thetoulman

Hello All,

Is anyone aware of any GMRS repeaters in the RDU area? My XYL is not interested in getting her ticket, and simplex GMRS does not quite provide the coverage we are after.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

SCPD

QRT
I hope you find what you are looking for, but if you happen to "stumble" upon one remember that GMRS repeaters unlike ham repeaters are usually closed and require permission to use them.

Thetoulman

MyGMRS shows only this one in Cary but it seems to be dated info. Please update if you find anything else.

I contacted the owner of that repeater via email. He informed me that the repeater is off the air. He said there's another one near the fairgrounds, but it is also off the air, only temporarily.

Thetoulman

An email I got from the repeater owner.

I have placed the 462.675+ carrier squelch access repeater on the air in Raleigh . Sometime I will need to add a filter on the receiver. The repeater is a low power 8 watt repeater covering the west Raleigh and east Cary areas.

I am not able to reach it from SW Apex.

Thetoulman

I was able to hit this repeater today, on US1 starting around Cary pkwy, and I started losing it around six forks and 440. (from a 5watt HT, with rubber duck, in the car).

Status
Not open for further replies.