GNU Radio Make Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start sorry if this in in the wrong section. Now to it im trying to install gnuradio 3.5.3.2. I get to the point of (make check) and get the following error.

==================
All 0 tests passed
==================
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/lib'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/lib'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/lib'
Making check in python
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/python'
make check-am
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/python'
make check-TESTS
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/python'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./qa_trellis.py", line 32, in <module>
import digital_swig
ImportError: No module named digital_swig
FAIL: run_tests
==================
1 of 1 test failed
==================
make[7]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/python'
make[6]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/python'
make[5]: *** [check] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src/python'
make[4]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis/src'
make[3]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis'
make[2]: *** [check] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2/gr-trellis'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/allan/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2'
make: *** [check] Error 2
allan@allan-Compaq:~/src/gnuradio-3.5.3.2$ sudo make install

troffasky

You could try just doing make install even if the tests have failed. If you're lucky the module that's failing might not be one you're going to use. Also, if you're using Ubuntu or Fedora and you want to build from source, you could try the build-gnuradio.sh script, which pretty much automates it.

NYG

I just did a fresh install late last night on fedora 16.

I used this build script to handle the install. I needed to set some path variables afterwards but it works good.

Script: http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio

The script will take care of any dependencies for you. Makes life much easier....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.