Gnuradio Debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzybear3965

Hey, all. I am developing a block in Gnuradio (using GRC). My block is just eating up memory and I can not figure out why. Does anyone out there know a way I could use gdb (or any debugger) to step through the runtime process and watch the memory get allocated? Thanks in advance.

fuzzybear3965

Well, because it was a little difficult designing a GRC block from scratch I have stripped the general work code from the gr_interleaved_short_to_complex.cc and placed my own there. From that point, I have just been recompiling and reinstalling gnuradio as needed to test out changes to the code. So, I do not have a solid integrated development environment. It's a little rough but it's been getting me by up until now.

fuzzybear3965

Well, I had originally tried to just develop my own block using Eric Blossom's How to Write a Block reference. That didn't work so well. Since then I've removed all the general_work code from the gr_interleaved_short_to_complex.cc block and inserted my own. To test the code I recompile and reinstall the gnuradio-3.2.2 source code to test my blocks in Gnuradio Companion (GRC). The memory issue has not been too big of an issue up until now, so I have not needed a way to debug the code (make (g++) usually gave me most of what I needed to know).

Status
Not open for further replies.