Go airport connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrabbyMilton

I have noticed for the past few days that their usually busy(452.775) frequency has been silent as of late. Also, I noticed before this that their signal was not as strong. I will keep searching and checking on their freq. but perhaps, someone can lend some insight on this whether or not GO AIRPORT CONNECTION moved to a different system or not. Thanks.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I can also contest that I have not heard any traffic on there repeater as of lately. I have seen a few out and about when driving and see what appears to be a short antenna on there vans but I have not seen what radios they are carrying. I suspect that they may have gone to one of the Trunked LTR systems or maybe even one of the new wide area NEXEDGE digital radio system that has popped up this year. Unfortunately with out speaking to one of the drivers or visibly seeing the radio in there truck then its going to be very hard to track down.

CrabbyMilton

I did hear some faint data sounds on their frequency and I have seen thier vans with an antenna for UHF radios. I do recall dispatchers in the past often directing drivers to contact them on their NEXTEL. So maybe they now use some sort of MDT and if they need to chew fat with the distpatcher, they use a NEXTEL or old fashioned cell phone now or that new system you speak of. I have been searching mobile versions or the UHF band while near the airport since any activity would show up. Hey, who said that scanning doesn't present a puzzle to solve once in awhile? :)

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings All...

I think I may have found them on 454.6250 (PL 186.2). I have to admit...when they were on 452.775 I usually locked them out while searching biz bands, but it sounds like they are now on here. Anyone confirm?

Tim

CrabbyMilton

Hey thanks Tim!! I'll check it out when I get home. I never thought to look there since 454 range was mostly pagers or at least in the past.

CrabbyMilton

Yeah that's them alright. Not as strong as the old repeater though but I'm sure they had a good reason to change I guess.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
Nice Job!!!! Way to go, I wonder why they changed frequencies? There old repeater frequency was pretty strong everywhere. I don't think anyone else used that frequency.

wirr

Database Admin
Might have something to do with the owner of their old repeater service company being deceased and their switching to a new company for repeater service.

JGP

Go Riteway Transportation Group

This is part of an article from the Oak Creek Patch: "Go Riteway Transporation Group is the new operation name of the Richfield, Wis. based Riteway Bus Service after it acquired Go Airport Connection last fall.

Its vehicles include school buses, motorcoaches, limos, and vans. The company provides shuttle services at Mitchell Int'l Airport, but also for groups, corporate outings, athletic teams, and training sessions.

Its location in Oak Creek is key because of the proximity to the airport and Interstate 94...."

This must be the reason for the frequency change because Go Riteway Transporation Group bought them out.

I did an FCC frequency search for that new frequency for Go Airport, but it isn't listed for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.