Go Bag or Ditty Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

crcarter

Go Bag or Diddy Bag

I'm looking for a "Go Bag" or whatever you may call it locally. I want a small, 12" or so soft bag to store one or 2 handhelds, a few battery backs, programming cables, a leatherman and a few other odds and ends. I'd like to find something with internal pockets to help keep things in their place, and a padded bag would be a plus. Any recommendations on what to look for or stay away from?

Last edited:

reedeb

I'm looking for a "Go Bag" or whatever you may call it locally. I want a small, 12" or so soft bag to store one or 2 handhelds, a few battery backs, programming cables, a leatherman and a few other odds and ends. I'd like to find something with internal pockets to help keep things in their place, and a padded bag would be a plus. Any recommendations on what to look for or stay away from?
Army surplus store. a small Mechanics bag. [I used it for yrs when I was in RACES]

Gilligan

Database Admin

crcarter

It may be too large for what you are looking for but I'm strongly considering buying one of these:

5.11 Tactical Rush Delivery Messenger Bag

It comes in three different colors, including black, and actually has enough room for a laptop.

Military Messenger Bag | Rush Delivery Tactical Messenger Bag | 5.11 Tactical

And, of course, the videos as well:
5.11 Rush Delivery Messenger Bag - YouTube
5.11 Tactical Rush Delivery Messenger Bag - YouTube

I've already got the Blackhawk version:

BLACKHAWK! Advanced Tactical Briefcase - BLACKHAWK!

Had it for several years and carry it for work. You are correct, it is too big for a go bag. It is so big that I frequently over-pack and have to take something out so that I can comfortably carry it. If you aren't stuck on 5.11, you might look at the one from Blackhawk. I bought mine from Optics Planet. Took a couple of weeks to receive because it was drop-shipped from Blackhawk, but I saved about $60 off of MSRP of $155.

BlackHawk Advanced Tactical Briefcase 61BC01 FREE S&H 61BC01CT, 61BC01FG, 61BC01BK. BlackHawk Carrying Bags.

crcarter

Status
Not open for further replies.