GO Transit to go Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Is GO Transit really going encrypted? I heard rumor of this and sure enough today the Maintenance talk group is gone.. check out the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 20140814_152754.jpg
    20140814_152754.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 911

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Is GO Transit really going encrypted? I heard rumor of this and sure enough today the Maintenance talk group is gone.. check out the attached screenshot.

It seems that the bus talkgroups, i.e. 108, 109, etc are encrypted now. My Home Patrol stops on them but there is no audio. It does not show up as encrypted but it does the same thing as the Halton P25 system that I have programmed on it, if there is a transmission on any of what we think are the Halton Police service talkgroups it stops, no audio.

The rail talkgroups, like 202, 206 are still in the clear.

Darn: Bus chatter was helpful, for traffic and commuting.

ATCTech

Actually encrypted, or just all using to P25 Phase 2 radios?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've seen Security, the old Maintenance channel and the techs using encryption. The buses (and a few others) are using Phase II.

I suspect the Maintenance channel might have been reassigned. Not sure which group that RID belongs to.

ATCTech

Ahh, so a fluid situation like many other systems these days. I just saw "P 4" on Unitrunker on a security T/G, everything else looked like it was P25 Phase 2 in the few minutes I watch watching. No audio at all on the '396 or DSD+, including rail.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I've seen Security, the old Maintenance channel and the techs using encryption. The buses (and a few others) are using Phase II.

I suspect the Maintenance channel might have been reassigned. Not sure which group that RID belongs to.

I have never seen a RID like that on this system, although I only have about 350 or so.

RID's that begin with 11, i.e. 110002 is bus dispatch, a RID like 700101 is also bus dispatch, and Willowbrook activity I see RID's like 223018.

The only activity I continue to hear today are Rail Ops, ones that trip the sensors probably at Burlington West and some regular GO Rail on the Lakeshore East and West lines.

VE3RADIO

I have never seen a RID like that on this system, although I only have about 350 or so.

RID's that begin with 11, i.e. 110002 is bus dispatch, a RID like 700101 is also bus dispatch, and Willowbrook activity I see RID's like 223018.

The only activity I continue to hear today are Rail Ops, ones that trip the sensors probably at Burlington West and some regular GO Rail on the Lakeshore East and West lines.

You wont hear any of the phase 2 talkgroups on the scanner you have.. I can hear the busses fine on my 536 and psr800 but the Maintenance guys are now encrypted.. Eric.. I would love a excel spreadsheet with all your rids.. the last list was fantastic.

SCPD

QRT
Do we know for sure if the bus talkgroups in Phase 2 are now encrypted? I was going to buy a new radio but if they are gone then no point.

Why would a transit service encrypt? I can see police but transit?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
You can run a control channel decoding program or use a scanner that displays them.

cobra5087

I work for GO as a driver, had no idea we were going encrypted, glad though our updates help with traffic updates!

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I work for GO as a driver, had no idea we were going encrypted, glad though our updates help with traffic updates!

No, as far as everybody knows, you are not going encrypted.

There was report of one old *rail* talkgroup carrying encrypted traffic (add talkgroup 5 to that as of last week) and an incorrect reporting of TDMA talkgroups as being encrypted which sparked this rumour.

I've seen encryption on the Radio Systems Office talkgroups and occasionally a Go Enforcement group will show up as encrypted but all the regular Bus and Rail talkgroups are not encrypted.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

And thank you for providing us with these updates. Out of any transit system GO, has always been the most useful and entertaining. I literally want to throw things when Burlington Transit comes on, zzzzzzz.

"Shopping at Sherway" stands out :)

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
There's nothing stopping you from posting in other forums as far as I can see.

NEOMANTRIC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There's nothing stopping you from posting in other forums as far as I can see.

Ya bro you can even try my log in. It brings me to that restriction page you get when you're not allowed access certain pages... It made no sense to me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.