Going back to San Antone

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

I'm headed to S.A. late this week and wondering if anyone has anything new for Pro 91 or 96 I may not be aware of...

Have Camp Bullis and the 860Mhz, the 319 thru 351 Mhz Mil Air,also Hangover Tower at 120 through 134 Mhz, and most interesting freq from RR Database loadable from Win96.
(Folder is intact...)

Any suggestions?

(Am aware I can't trunk the Public Safety but do hear them when conditions are right here in Central Austin...)

73's,
Jon

(P.S. Interesting listening, right now, to APD NARC in Edward- it's 22:57 local... )

VintageJon

225Texas- good suggestion. I think I have them in the Pro-91, will check...

73's
Jon

VintageJon

Well, I put them in the 91 and the 96, but alas! The S.A. RF Experience was a dismal failure. (Best laid plans...)

Nearly didly-squat received down there...

Did jot down some freqs that were active and did not appear, but the list is long and jogs between the two scanners so I'll have to go through it and make it "presentable? before I'll post the new results.

Side-note: really a demonstration of the 96's audio and display over the 91's. SAIA was MUCH more readable off the the 96 and it's display was much more visible. (At least to an old fart like me.) The 96 is superior to the 91, DUH!, even with the original ducky.
(*Tried 800MHz ducky and Original on 96 and Original Ducky and Center-Loaded-Whip on 91 Did not cart either the Indoor 1/4 or 3/4 wave Ground-Plane and associated coax down there.)

The MOT SAPD I was hearing here, when conditions were right, was not evident at all down there! (WTF???)
MilAir was NADA! Did get some hits on 155.XXX MHz to 161.XXX MHz but it was mostly SAPD and EMS activity...

Oh, I was listening from about I-10 and Wurzbach and this does not appear to be a good RF area... Slightly better on second floor than 1st floor- DUH!
Reckon this is S.A. Specific Info but I know a lot of us are down there.
(Hello Muddy!)

73's
Jon

VintageJon

OK, here's the first version of "FINDINGS":

155.010MHz on the 91, (must be FM), is SAPD
161.370mhZ " "
156.880MHz " "

155.910MHz was heard but the scanner or the Service was not recorded, assuming SAPD for now..

125.700 is Approach from SAIA Tower
(Received on 96 but not receivable on 91????)\

These are freqs I could find that were not in the Data- Base for S.A. I respect the RR and their Data-Base. Nobodies done more! So I'm just trying to list freqs I've found that I didn't have via the outstanding Data-Base.

Perhaps more in a week or two when I have time to get more antennas-with-more-hai-down there , and the time to do it.

Will certainly load new freqs into SA Folder and see what I get

OH, Pro Voice in S.A.- Track it??? You can't even receive it! It's just digital garble... I Know as I loaded everything and tried all modulation formats- just noise.

I've only heard S.A. in FM and Mot and this may be Kyle Station rather than the American Tower showen for that freq.
Interesting....

73's
Jon

VintageJon

9-3-06 Update- have been reprogramming the Win96 folders and started receiving "San Antone" again, but the road location seemed more like Williamson County! Checked the Data Base and they share several freqs I receiving!

While I have heard road locations clearly in S.A. this evening it seems to be WIlliamson county..
The plot thickens, sorry for any confusion....

After all I've learned here about the Pro96 and it's programming it is very nice with the present setup. I have one bank open for any unit, while the others are dedicated to various talkgroups and closed. This seems a good plan...

73's,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.