Going insane... Pro 164 and Skywarn Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdmizer

I cannot belive how hard it is to find GOOD information about the Pro 164 scanner on the internet. I have had this scanner ( my 1st ) for about 2 months now and the main reason why I bought it is for the Skywarn feature. I want 2 B able to follow my local Bad weather. I have all of the frequencies and I cannot figure out how to program the feq's into the Skywarn place. According to the #@#&*@#* Manual if you want to call it that LOL....the freq must be programed into 999. I have gone to my (2) local RS places and belive it or not they R as clueless as I am.

Someone somewhere out there is an EXPERT with this radio.

Please help and thanks a million.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Turn the scanner on
Press and release PGM
Press the 9 key 3 times
Press and release PGM
Enter your local Skywarn repeater by pressing and releasing the following keys in this order
ONE, FOUR SIX DOT SEVEN SIX ENT
Which is a Lincoln Amateur Radio Club repeater
Now Press the 9 key 2 times and the 8 key once followed by the PGM key
Enter another local Skywarn repeater by pressing and releasing the following keys in this order
ONE, FOUR SIX DOT EIGHT FIVE ENT
Which is a Lincoln Repeater Club repeater.
Press SCAN

To listen to Skywarn on the Lincoln Amateur Radio Club, press the weather button for 2 seconds. to move the Lincoln Repeater Club repeater, press the down button.

PS: We are no experts, just people that have read the manual and played with the radio to learn what it can do and how to do it.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
marksscanners.com is an excellent source for easy to understand scanner manuals. You can find good information there for the Pro-164 by using the manual for the Pro-2055 (I believe it is). They are similar in features and operation, along with the Pro 162 and 163 models.

Status
Not open for further replies.