HP-1: Going Mobile What Speaker do you use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have tried going mobile with my Homepatrol 1 and it is tough to hear the speaker inside my car. What do you use to get the volume up ? I have a good Motorola speaker and it still does not work.

joeuser

The Wretched
Yeah, I have noticed with mine it is not very loud. I tried three different speakers, an older radio shack, a newer one, & one of my trusty old Motorola's. It just doesn't have the audio power to get very loud.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You need to use a speaker with a stereo plug (even if it's a mono speaker) or you're shorting out the audio output.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You need to use a speaker with a stereo plug (even if it's a mono speaker) or you're shorting out the audio output.

Additionally, any for any device that has headphone out, you'll need an amplified speaker for good results.

MikeyC

I picked up a Radio Shack "Amplified Communications Speaker" (21-130) on clearance for $9.47 along with a right angle headphone adapter, a stereo-to-mono adapter and a cigarette lighter plug and was pleasantly surprised! The speaker is LOUD, even at half volume, and is nice and clear over the road noise.

It turns itself off after a period of inactivity so you will miss the first half a second of a new transmission as it powers on, but it's worth the trade-off to be able to hear it :)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've used both Radio Shack and Uniden amplified speakers. They both perform well.

The $9.47 is a very good price - get all you can at that.

MikeyC

I called around and found another so I could hook up a second one in the car and they're down to $5.97! It's worth calling around and trying to find one if you need an amplified speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.