Going on vacation to Hilton head Sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Beaufort County Site NAC

The SITE NAC for Beaufort County Simulcast site is: 1dØ [hex]

.I am down in Hilton Head Island for the week. Here is the site snapshot data when I looked at it:

=======================================
2017/07/10/101621

RX FREQ..................857.2125 control channel

WACN.....................$beeØØ
SYSTEM ID................$1d9
RF SUBSITE ID............$Ø1
SITE ID..................$3f
SITE NAC.................$1dØ
=======================================

Mark Cobbeldick, KB4CVN

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
They dispatch on 154.355/118.8 PL in the clear.

This does not include HHI Fire/Rescue, which uses a digital RF station alerting system. You will hear their dispatches preceded by a steady alert tone on their digital dispatch talkgroup, which is also in the clear.

Bluffton FD also dispatches on 155.190/118.8 PL. It's a very weak signal outside of Bluffton.

drayd48

I was going to post a form thread but this one is already here and kinda what I'm looking for. Does the Beaufort County fire channel in VHF dispatch all the county station (with the exception of HHI FD) or are there other station that are dispatched on different trunked channels? Is the VHF channel a direct simulcast from Fire Dispatch 1 I see in the Palmetto P25? Also, how do tac channels work for on scene ops? Does each station have their own channel or is it a countywide tac channel type system. And one more, is EMS dispatch encrypted? I staying on Hunting Island and was wanting to program my radios and scanner for when I go down there next week. Thanks

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I can't say for certain that all BC FDs except HHI FR are dispatched on 154.355, but I believe they are. Someone else may say otherwise.

Yes, 154.355 is a rebroadcast of the dispatch talkgroup on Palmetto P25.

Each FD has their own tac channel. Many of them are encrypted. Most traffic takes place on the dispatch talkgroup.

Yes, EMS dispatch is encrypted.

drayd48

I can't say for certain that all BC FDs except HHI FR are dispatched on 154.355, but I believe they are. Someone else may say otherwise.

Yes, 154.355 is a rebroadcast of the dispatch talkgroup on Palmetto P25.

Each FD has their own tac channel. Many of them are encrypted. Most traffic takes place on the dispatch talkgroup.

Yes, EMS dispatch is encrypted.

Thanks. So it would only be reasonable to put in the Dispatch channels and nothing else really then since its all encrypted?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
It's not all encrypted but most is. In general, you won't miss much with only the dispatch channel programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.