Going to a Convention in Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
I am going to the fire buff convention in Indianapolis in a couple of weeks. What are the fire department frequencies that I can pickup there. Thank you.

bdub5

That one guy...
All public safety is on the county wide P25 system. It is listed under Marion County in the database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greggill

I am going to the fire buff convention in Indianapolis in a couple of weeks. What are the fire department frequencies that I can pickup there. Thank you.

Great to have you at the Convention!

Indianapolis public safety is all P25. Go to this link:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5737

You'll need the Primary and Alternate Control Channels for System 1. And the talkgroups in the "Marion County Fire and EMS Talkgroups" section.

Scroll through the other talkgroups. Indianapolis police have their own section of talkgroups. Anything Marion County or Indianapolis will be the area you will be in.

N9IIT

If System 1 is like System 3 (Hamilton County) you'll only hear dispatches - it appears firegound ops talkgroups are encrypted. EMS is also encrypted.

kr19

If System 1 is like System 3 (Hamilton County) you'll only hear dispatches - it appears firegound ops talkgroups are encrypted. EMS is also encrypted.

I don’t think there is any encryption on System 1 - you can hear everything on a fire/EMS run on the ops channels. As to System 3, I don’t believe the fireground ops channels are entirely encrypted, but I will agree that I don’t hear a lot of EMS stuff.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
system 1 Marion County Fire and EMS. Got it Thank you all for your help.

GTO_04

I don’t think there is any encryption on System 1 - you can hear everything on a fire/EMS run on the ops channels. As to System 3, I don’t believe the fireground ops channels are entirely encrypted, but I will agree that I don’t hear a lot of EMS stuff.

According to the database, EMS TGs are not encrypted. I don't listen to them so I cannot tell you from experience. However, I do know that the Hamilton County Fire OPS channels in the clear. Most TGs in Marion County (System 1) are not encrypted, with the exception of some tac channels, investigations, and internal affairs.

GTO_04

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
IFEMS has NO encryption in use. IMPD, and MCSO do have encrypted TGs. IFEMS is very busy non stop most days. As is IMPD. Hamilton County is using encryption now on EMS to ER TGs (29 Med) per the 'cut sheet' for programming per IPSC that I have seen. Madison County as far as I know is still in the clear also on FD, and EMS.

If anyone can do an dedicated monitor of the HamCo MED TGs, and confirm encryption, I will change it over to E in the DB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a Unification pager setup for this area? If so would they be willing to share with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.