Going to jerusalem israel.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
The scanner is a waste because PD FD EMS and Military are ALL Encrypted "E" DMR. Been there done that in a previous life.
Same for almost all of Europe. If you want cab drivers and garbage men knock yourself out.

Lunar808

Hey.
PD and FD are mostly not encrypted as asaf2000 said, sometimes there are Talkgroups that are, but they have nothing to do with regional dispatch. I just added some regional talkgroups to RRDB(Mostly central Israel) so you can check it out when you're here.

Equipment wise, you can bring any SDR\Police scanner only if your devices are Receiving RF only, Transceivers and transmitters will not pass
customs. If you have a recognized international amateur ham radio license you can always get in contact with the Israeli Minister of communication about a local Israeli license which then will, depending on your Israeli license ranking(1,2 and 3 being the higher) you may, or may not have the eligibility to bring your own transmitting hardware. So as long your scanner\other devices are Receiving RF only, you're good.

I hope you'll enjoy the visit.

asaf2000

Premium Subscriber
Hey.
PD and FD are mostly not encrypted as asaf2000 said, sometimes there are Talkgroups that are, but they have nothing to do with regional dispatch. I just added some regional talkgroups to RRDB(Mostly central Israel) so you can check it out when you're here.

Equipment wise, you can bring any SDR\Police scanner only if your devices are Receiving RF only, Transceivers and transmitters will not pass
customs. If you have a recognized international amateur ham radio license you can always get in contact with the Israeli Minister of communication about a local Israeli license which then will, depending on your Israeli license ranking(1,2 and 3 being the higher) you may, or may not have the eligibility to bring your own transmitting hardware. So as long your scanner\other devices are Receiving RF only, you're good.

I hope you'll enjoy the visit.

I'm not sure a police Scanner will pass customs.l if they will check you, It's ilegal to bring those in.

Lunar808

I'm not sure a police Scanner will pass customs.l if they will check you, It's ilegal to bring those in.

A good chance it will not pass but who knows, good chance it will be on hold if he can prove that the scanner only receives RF. RTL-SDR or other SDR device will 100% pass customs. antenna wise could be a problem also depending on size of course, if it's a small dipole(something like the dipole kit that RTL-SDR V3 comes with) or a small L-band patch it will be okay.