Going to Orlando...question

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead099

I'm going to Orlando and I need to know if they are using the statewide EDACS or if they (Orange County) are still using their own Motorola system that is liste don the database so I know what to put into my scanner.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
You DON'T need a digital scanner to listen to Orange County. They're still analog non-encrypted for the time being (at least a few days ago they were).

lsh1885

It is now being reported at the East Central Florida Scanner page web site, that Winter Park FD is now encrypted. I was hoping at least the FD's would be in the clear. If this is a county wide trend, the Orange County system will be unmonitorable in the not so distant future, at least as far as Public Safety is concerned. We'll have to see how this plays out.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/scanner/

pslcrabber

I am on that website too. From what they are saying it will be statewide very soon.

I talked to a couple cops in my area and they have no knowledge of any new systems coming anytime soon. But at the same time I am hearing what appears to be control channels with local talkgroup ID tags. Weirdest stuff!

jaquishb

I Live In Volusia County And Just Put The Orlando And Orange County Frequencies In The Bc250d It Is Scanning Them But I Am Not Hearing Anything Is There A Certain Way I Have To Put Those In That Scanner?

n4voxgill

Silent Key
No, but your a long way off to pick them up. If you are near I 4 go jump on it and between Sanford and Longwood they should start coming in.

Rover

jaquishb said:
I Live In Volusia County And Just Put The Orlando And Orange County Frequencies In The Bc250d It Is Scanning Them But I Am Not Hearing Anything Is There A Certain Way I Have To Put Those In That Scanner?

I live in Seminole County near Lake Mary. I can hardly pick up Volusia County with hand held rigs, and Orange County is weak at times, signal strength varies on hand held rigs in the house. You would have better luck with Seminole and Lake County. 73s and good listening....

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Live in Orlando my 396 can pick up Seminole,Orange,Osceola pretty good - I have with an external antenna (6 element Yagi) picked up volusia and brevard at night - but i dont have that rig set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.