Going to Sanibel--looking for frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

Hi, folks!

I will be making yet another summer vacation sojourn from the Boston area to your fine state. Along with my copies of the latest screamers by Tim Dorsey and Carl Hiassen, I will also be bringing my trusty PSR500. Since I will be staying on Sanibel Island, I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to share with me a pre-made Win500 file that has lots of good conventional and trunking public service, aircraft, coast guard, and other interesting frequencies for the Sanibel/Captiva, Ft. Myers and other surrounding areas? I know there's probably a Vscanner folder with some of these, but I've found the hand-made files are far more useful. I'm not a RR subscriber, so I'm not going to download from here, and I would prefer not to have to program Win500 manually if someone has these premade. In exchange, I can provide my very robust Win500 file with nearly everything you'd want to hear in Eastern MA.

If you have said file, would you mind PMing it to me? Thanks!

Suzie

gcr33

Sanibel PD has a conventional channel listed in RR
Lee Co. has a trunked system listed in RR.

It does not cost anything to be a member just for additional services you might want. Well worth when I travel.

raisindot

Sanibel PD has a conventional channel listed in RR
Lee Co. has a trunked system listed in RR.

It does not cost anything to be a member just for additional services you might want. Well worth when I travel.

Thank you. I'm well aware that the RR has these frequencies listed. However, since I'm only going to be there a week, I really didn't want to spend a great deal of time manually programming a Win500 file for this area if someone already had one done and could be kind enough to share. If no one has one here, that's fine--I can look for it elsewhere. If no one elsewhere has one, I'll come back here and grab the frequencies and do it manually.

Suzie

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When are you going down there? I have win500 software. I don't know if you want the 800 system also. Let me know what scan list you like. I see one has a 800 con channel if you want that I have to put in another scan list number.

raisindot

When are you going down there? I have win500 software. I don't know if you want the 800 system also. Let me know what scan list you like. I see one has a 800 con channel if you want that I have to put in another scan list number.

Please don't go out of your way to create a special Win500 just for this--I really don't want anyone to have to actually to spend their time doing this. But if you have one already done, I'd love to get anything that's interesting there, particularly from a public safety front, whether it's convention, trunked, or both.

Suzie

pawsrock

10 codes

I did a google search last night for ten codes for this area. I could not find any, does anyone have any for this area. I was looking for Lee County but I think i should have been looking for Fort Myers.
Thanks
Ron Fone
www.flamesandfur.com

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Please don't go out of your way to create a special Win500 just for this--I really don't want anyone to have to actually to spend their time doing this. But if you have one already done, I'd love to get anything that's interesting there, particularly from a public safety front, whether it's convention, trunked, or both.

Suzie

I wouldn't have to type all the info in I was going to the site and download it to the program.

gcr33

Pretty much all the radio codes in Florida are the same. Some agencies are using plain language.
I am not sure where you will find a list. Disposition codes can vary from agency to agency.

Sorry I did not realize you wanted a file. Lee Co. does patrol the Northern part of the island that is not in the city limits. Ft. Myers is a user of the Lee Co. system.

Status
Not open for further replies.