Going tomorrow to test for my ham radio license!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
I'm so excited. I have not studied as much as I should have, but I'm still confident. I am going for the technician license, and I've been telling everyone at school "I'm going to be the owner of an amateur radio license." Never thought I would be here, at 13, getting a ham radio license. Thank you to everyone who has helped me over the year, giving me info, and helping me out! I love being a part of the amateur radio community! Soon to be WQJE50!

BruceMN

Based on your excitement and drive about amateur radio I have confidence you will pass the exam! This can be the beginning of a new hobby that can last a lifetime if you wish. I got my license in 2006 and I have enjoyed it immensely and kept studying for the next license until I couldn't go any further. HAM radio is a awesome hobby with many aspects to appeal to a broad rand of people. I wish you luck and hope to hear you on the the HF bands someday.

Bruce
N0JX

K8EAA

Premium Subscriber
Good luck to you! I know just how you feel. I went for my novice ticket almost 50 years ago and I'm still in love with the hobby.

Don
K8EAA

Ok come on... today is the day after tomorrow and you said you were taking the test tomorrow... what is the outcome???

Triple6Ham

yes updates please!
I'm trying to get more active myself but I recognize the value of the hobby and
it is always awesome for someone new to come on board.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I'm curious what is the WQJE50 call sign? It's not an amateur call. You won't get a amateur call until you past the test and the FCC system generates a new random call. You can apply for a Vanity Callsign but the format is limited. You won't own the license, it's like a driver's license, the state owns it they just allow you to use it, if you follow the rules.

danesgs

I am sure you will do well. Enjoy the hobby and keep studying to get your General if that is what you want next, working locally is great but that first QSO with a distant station in another country is a heady experience.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
I did not go, I decided I needed more studying. I am studying right now in school, in 1st period me and my teachers will work on it! Thank you all for the support and helping me boost my confidence!

KC5AKB

Thanks for the update. Just relax and keep us posted . There is a youth net you can ck Into after you get your lic . VIA EchoLink N5ADA 6:30 pm local Sunday eve ,Fort Worth ,Texas .it is called the North Texas Youth Net . Licensed Adults my act as control ops for non licensed youth.
KG5LOP and KG5TZX host this net.
They would welcome your check in.

Last edited:

jajma

I did not go, I decided I needed more studying. I am studying right now in school, in 1st period me and my teachers will work on it! Thank you all for the support and helping me boost my confidence!
Hamstudy.org has a great app. Check it out.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for keeping the ham radio hobby alive. I received my first exposure to the world of amateur radio when I was in high school (perhaps a few years older than you) One of my teachers was a ham so he, a few students and I formed a computer & amateur radio club which fostered my growing interest in radio. I didn't decide to pursue my ham ticket until about a decade later but remained an active listener to the local repeaters. Now with the advent of the digital modes, the possibilities are limitless. Best wishes on getting your license, study up and you'll pass with flying colors!

73 de W3JMC

Last edited:

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
Alright. Change of plans. I'm going on March 14th. I've been super busy on school work. I have my bus aide helping me. I am very confident in myself! I just need a spreadsheet with random questions, without the answers.. Could someone help me find one? Thanks!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Alright. Change of plans. I'm going on March 14th. I've been super busy on school work. I have my bus aide helping me. I am very confident in myself! I just need a spreadsheet with random questions, without the answers.. Could someone help me find one? Thanks!

I don't have one, but there are a ton of online ham radio tests. They'll run the test with random questions and give you feedback at the end of the test as to which ones you got correct and which ones you didn't. That'll give you some ideas where to study. You can keep taking the online sample test until you pass consistently.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
Try HamTestOnline (HamTestOnline - Ham Radio Exam Courses and Practice Tests). You can try their testing and study guides for free. If you like it, the subscription is about $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.