• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Gold Elite Consoles and P25 Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
Simple question -

Can Phase II talkgroups be programmed onto a Gold Elite terminal?

I'm building a wiki article and had that question as I was building it. I can't see any reason why you couldn't, but I also can't see why an agency that has the monies to migrate to phase II wouldn't have the monies for MCC7500's.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Didn't Moto stop supporting Gold Elite on Sept30? Are parts even available for them anymore?

mmtstc

Ø
I think they stopped selling them. And i think they will stop supporting them in like 2016 or 2017 or something. I may be getting that confused with XTS series though.

xmo

"Simple question -

Can Phase II talkgroups be programmed onto a Gold Elite terminal? ..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simple answer - no.

mmtstc

Ø
So is the ECBRS system's Gold Elites going to just have Phase I talkgroups and only the MCC 7500's will have Phase II?

xmo

Motorola says:

P25 TDMA ON ASTRO 25

• P25 TDMA mode supported on
• G-series site products
• MCC 7500 IP console on VPM platform (SR7.7 and later)
• APX subscribers
• ISSI 8000

• Other products supported in FDMA mode on TDMA-capable system:
• Legacy Circuit-Switched Consoles
• Gold Elite, MGEG
• First-generation MCC 7500 (Shipped through A7.6)
• Quantar station
• PSC 9600 controller
• STR 3000 station
• Circuit simulcast
• Network Interoperability: SmartX, ISSI.1
• XTS / XTL radios

Status
Not open for further replies.