Goldwater Bombing range audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

karldotcom

I was going through my hard drive and found this audio file from 2008. It is from the Barry Goldwater Range, but I am having a hard time remembering how I recorded it. I think I may have recorded it off a Global Tuners radio nearby that was set to the range frequency.

Hot Night on the Barry Goldwater Range - YouTube

Is the first callsign "Glute 51?" I seem to remember some Glute's doing CAP over Los Angeles years ago....but I am unsure now. Also, if anyone can ID the foreign pilots....is that callsign "SKYWATCH?"

I remember another audio file where they were first using a UAV to call in a strike....they have come along way since then.

nodak1crdet3

Hi karldotcom,
I was able to listen to some of that recording before it was all garbled around 8 minutes.

The first flight sounded like Gluten, Guten, or Rooten? 51. It was really hard to tell.
About 5 minutes in, it sounds like German pilots talking about flying the VR 223 low level route near Luke AFB. I didn't hear them use a call sign.
Then I heard RYDER 1 & 2 (F-16's) working the range.
Also heard the call sign ADAVAN (Sounded like) ground controller / JTAC.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Look up Tactical Air Control Party, Joint Tactical Air Controller, and/or Air Support Operations Group or Squadron on wikipedia. A very cool specialty. They call in close air support and artillery fire support for ground combat units.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Combat Controllers/Combat Control Teams are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.