Good afternoon, everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagadka

My name's Frank and I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself. I've been lurking around here for about a month now and have plunged in to scanning with the purchase of a refirb PRO 164 and all the ancillary doodads. I don't yet have digital aspirations - I bought an analog radio and I know it. I've managed to get it programmed with conventional frequencies and will be attempting Viper later this week.

I should add that I surf a lot of forums on various subjects and I've seen in my short time here that this is a unique and exceptional place. Knowledgeable people willing to share info, a distinct purpose in the database and no ancillary distractions (i.e. politics etc). That's a nice thing. Must be the excellent, professional moderators. ;^) It's good to be a part of that and I'll strive to someday be able to make a contribution myself.

See ya'll on the big board...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR.com Frank! :)

Good to have you here with us and we quickly hope you consider
this a "2nd home".

Thanks for the kind words. We try to provide an accurate source
of monitoring info for "DC to Daylight" or the entire radio spectrum.

Oh and they only let me out of my straightjacket for a couple hours
each day so I do what I can while I am around. :cool:

Feel free to check in on the "NC Roll Call" Thread at the top of the fourm.

Happy Monitoring!

Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

Just wanted to drop in and say welcome aboard also !! The North Carolina forum is by far one of the most active and supportive here on RadioReference. Very knowledgeable people here.

I know you said you were gonna venture to start getting some VIPER stuff programmed up this week. Marshall (KE4ZNR) is one of the best to talk to if you need help.

Let us know if ya need anything !!!!

Zagadka

Hey Daniel - thanks for the welcome. I did notice that the NC board was one of the busier and better moderated of the state forums (and I mean that, I'm not just kissin' up to the mods - I did that in my first post ;-) and that's a good thing because there sure is a lot to know.

Marshall (KE4ZNR) is one of the best to talk to if you need help.

I'll make every effort not to pester Marshall (or anyone) too much. From what I've seen, if it's about NC radio, Marshall's in there somewhere. That said, don't be surprised if your hear my pleas in the wilderness. I've already taken one pass at Viper and it didn't go so well. I'll do more reading and fiddling then come back for the answers from the brain trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.