Good antenna recommendation for FT60R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatshovel

Looking for a good transmitting antenna for the FT60R radio. I would like to replace the stock antenna with a better transmitting antenna. What model of antenna is the best performer on 2 meters and 70 centimeters? Also anyone try the nagoya antennas from ebay? Are they any good? Look great for the price but not sure which to buy? Any suggestions and recommendations please.

Thanks,
Joey

kf4uuz

My personal preference is the, Diamond-SRH77CA.
Also, don't lose sight of the fact that, height rules. If I am on the first floor of a building, transmitting with the best (indoor) antenna money can buy, and you are transmitting with a coat hanger on the tenth floor of the same building, you win.

Hope this helps.

poppafred

I like the Diamond SRH519 myself. Not long enough to be in the way all the time but very effective. I consistently trigger 2 repeaters 35 miles away, one east and one west from my front yard, and get decent reports on audio with my FT60R.

Budog

My Son and I also have added the Diamond SRH77CA to our FT-60R HT's and have been very pleased. We were able to get them for less than $25 from Ham Radio Outlet. Worth every dollar in performance, range etc. Also I use a Diamond Mag Mount on my Jeep and it is also awesome...

Budog.

CLynch7

I got a Radio Shack High Performance 20-034 antenna last night (it must have been under something in the back, they were originally sold in '01) for $10, and the package claims it is a dual bander. So far so good, using it with a Kenwood Th-78a. You might keep an eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.