good article on running multiple RTL2832U sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I was hoping it was a new one - it's two years old - with helpful info but about all it does is confirm you can run more than one. Many of us are doing that now. What I'd like to see is information on how to properly identify them. I have issues sometimes keeping them associated in SDR#. It seems like SDR# goes by USB port so you mess with that and you're plugging and pulling until you find the right one.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I was hoping it was a new one - it's two years old - with helpful info but about all it does is confirm you can run more than one. Many of us are doing that now. What I'd like to see is information on how to properly identify them. I have issues sometimes keeping them associated in SDR#. It seems like SDR# goes by USB port so you mess with that and you're plugging and pulling until you find the right one.

I'm with you Wayne! I'm going through something similar. In my case, I have 2 NooElec dongles that work well with RTL1090 and ADSB SCOPE but NOT with SDR#. It's weird. I have the latest version installed, and the old version uninstalled. I keep getting errors telling me that the "device" has rejected all attempted communications from the program. I have reinstalled the driver, taken out and reinstalled Zadig, nothing! I don't get it!

Manny

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Wayne the article was actually sent to me by someone who runs a fb page that does some SDR stuff. I had dabbed into SDR awhile back then stopped then Manny got me back into it. Also, I thought as long as you plugged a different stick into a different port the machine gave it a different com# ? There was also a way that you could set SDR# to "scan"(we know it's not really scanning) between frequency A and frequency B.I did that awhile back.The only thing is there were no PL's or DPL's What I liked was the fact that people were able do monitor different types of digital systems using the SDR's even before folks like Uniden and GRE came out whith the ability to do so with actual scanner hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.