Good charger for the 436!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
I just bought one of these recently.. and it arrived today.

Amazon.com : Anker® 40W 5V / 8A 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop/Travel USB Charger with 5-Foot Power Cord for iPad, iPhone, Samsung Tab, Android Devices and Virtually All USB-Charged Devices : Computers & Accessories

I wanted to get something that would eliminate all the wall warts as well.

The regular price is $25.. they are just out of stock right now.

I loaded it up today, and it charges everything quickly with no issues.

I do have a question for UpMan...

When I hooked it up, I selected NO for charging. I just wanted to run on battery, and to charge the internal up some. When I cut the scanner on, it asked me if I wanted serial or mass storage. Is this ok even though I am not connected to a pc? The charger is a smart charger. It is supposed to be able to detect the device and provide proper charging (important for smartphones and tablets).

Thanks,
EdwardnNC

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
Bounced for question to UpMan on the charger...

When I hooked it up, I selected NO for charging. I just wanted to run on battery, and to charge the internal up some. When I cut the scanner on, it asked me if I wanted serial or mass storage. Is this ok even though I am not connected to a pc?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Thanks for posting. The link takes you to the 25 Watt unit that is cheaper, but not as flexible. You need to click on the right small box under the Color: 25W White line to select the 40W White one.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.