Good freqs from Bergen County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahyc

Hi Everyone,
I'm getting a little bored with the PD/EMS/FD freqs ...anyone recommend anything active/interesting readable from the BC area?

Thanks

comspec

Well, what are you interested in?

By definition PD/Fire/EMS are the 'action' bands. Whether or not you find anything else interesting may depend on what interests you.

That being said, here are some ideas. If any appeal to you, let us know and we will see if we can get you started.

Railroad (NJ Transit for example)
Aircraft
Maritime (you might be able to pick up some CG and VTS frequencies depending on where in bergen you are)
NYCDOITT System (the big Admin system for all of NYC's pencil pushers)
Ham Radio frequencies (if you are not a ham already)
Try scanning FRS and GMRS frequencies, you never know what you will find on them.

Get a VHF Yagi (beam) for your scanner and try your hand at trying to pick up distant stations. I am surpsised at what comes in some nights. Have fun trying to identify that weak station comming in in between transmissions from your local area.

Hey remember that Search feature your radio has? Give it a try. Sometimes you could be surpised what you could hear. I have yet to run a search and not had at least one frequency active that i didn't know about in advance.

Still nothing to wet your appetitie? Consider 'upgrading to a shortwave radio if you don't already have one and take on the world beyond Bergen.

After all that. Give the taxi's and tow trucks a chance. after all, that is why its called a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.