Good Las Vegas Analog frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some of the fire frequencies programmed, but it seems like the ambulance services do most of the rescue work in this city. I'll give them a try again and see if anything has changed. Thank you.

sean_

You're better off SEARCHING, LISTENING & THINKING in order to find your own freqs, rather than asking for handouts, though as you know, the FT-7900 limits your ability a little.

good idea. What are some resources I can browse through to learn more about the las vegas area and scanning/monitoring activities?

Hooligan

good idea. What are some resources I can browse through to learn more about the las vegas area and scanning/monitoring activities?

The best resource to browse through to learn more about the las vegas area and scanning/monitoring activities is the las vegas area radio frequency spectrum.

Hooligan

I'm probably a mile NW of Henderson Airport. I can hear their tower as clear as a phone call.

So here's a tasking for you:

Monitor the nearby Levi-Strauss Plant's three repeaters:
462.425/DCS226
462.275/DCS703
462.225/DCS051

to determine & report usage & channel names.

Another mission, should you choose to accept it:

Determine, identify & report any two-way radio use by the nearby Lion Habitat Ranch
( https://lionhabitatranch.org/ )

The lions they used to display at MGM live at a facility near the Henderson Airport. They offer tours if you'd like to see them.

I'm close enough to where I can probably receive from them, but I only have scanning abilities in my vehicle. I'll be listening when I can.

Hooligan

Can you explain this in more detail?

????!!

They've got an indoor/outdoor campus an acre or two in size. They house & interact with potentially dangerous animals. They give tours to people. They have employees & volunteers.

To me, all the above would suggest the employment of radio communications to effectively communicate between staff for safety and operational efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.