Good mobile/base aero scanner with alphatags

Status
Not open for further replies.

novascotian

I am looking to get a mobile/base scanner that would be excellent on the VHF aero band, plus has the military aero band.. Must be a scanner that has alpha tags and programmed from the computer. Any suggestions, or any to avoid? I have handhelds already PRO-97 and BC 396XT and also an old Uniden 590 mobile but it only has 100 channels and no alphatags or computer programming...

safetyobc

The BC125AT is an excellent little air band scanner. It has mil air as well. Alpha tags. Only a little over $100 too. I know it isn't a base mobile but man it is it a great little radio.

If I had to buy a base mobile for that purpose, I would probably get a GRE PSR 410 if you can find one used.

The BCT15X would also be a nice choice.

bbrasmussen

The BCT15 or BCT15X are great. However, I found my reception was greatly improved by adding a combined notch filter to block out the commercial FM band.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I'd go with the BCT-15X. I own two of them as well as the BCT-15. They all work great for VHF air and Military air. And by the way they still cover fully from 225-400 AM some of the new models are starting to cut that band short to 225-380. I still have freqs in use from 380-399. So the BCT-15X is a great choice. It also has more memory room than the BCT-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.