Good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allmjradio

Premium Subscriber
I was quoted a price on an antenna, the connector to my mobile radio, and the programming(if it can be cloned) at $75. Is this a good price?

allmjradio

Premium Subscriber
What kind of antenna, "connector", and radio?

Antenna, I do not know but he said it's the best they have ($40). The connector is for the back of my Tk-7180, some cable to go from my radio to the antenna, and then the programming. He said if they can clone the frequencies from a previous radio it won't cost but $15.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Well, without knowing the exact antenna, it's hard to know if it's a good deal. They could sell you a cheap $5 antenna, or you could get a great deal on a $100 antenna.

But, all in all, it sounds fair enough. (especially if they are installing it)

allmjradio

Premium Subscriber
Well, without knowing the exact antenna, it's hard to know if it's a good deal. They could sell you a cheap $5 antenna, or you could get a great deal on a $100 antenna.

But, all in all, it sounds fair enough. (especially if they are installing it)

Well... They aren't installing it, I am doing that myself. I will call him tomorrow and figure out the model number of the antenna.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Well... They aren't installing it, I am doing that myself. I will call him tomorrow and figure out the model number of the antenna.

Ok. Then just Google it, and you'll know how good of deal it is.

I would say if it's a shop you trust/or has a good rep. then I wouldn't question it to much. I don't mind paying 10% more from places where I know their word is good, and they stand behind what they sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.