Good to be here need help with Pro92 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onionhed

Ok yes im a noob here but i have ran out of options, I am presently laid-off my work and haven't received any unemployment to become a premeium member of this site. Anyway I have a Pro92 scanner and am still having a hard time getting all the trunking frequencies and settings correct. I live in the south of Meigs County and listen to mainly Chattanooga - Hamilton County and surrounding areas i am very familiar with the win92 program and can get it to communicate both ways. I am looking for a good pre-program file i can upload to my scanner. If anyone can help feel free to email me bradlambert72@yahoo.com or send me a file i would be very greatful. I have been a avid scanner listener for several years but all these new systems confuse me. I have my step father that has a pro106 i believe and it came pre programmed and i tried to get him to bring it by and let me download the setup to help me figure out how i can program mine but he is reluctant to have it hooked up fearing it may loose its programming.. I always like to help ppl and am not financially able to buy anything at the moment. (keeping my utilities on is tough as it is) ..Anyway i hate sounding like a bum but if anyone could give me a little help. I have to put getting my Ham lisense on hold for now but hopefully will be able to continue soon.. Thanks for listening to me and glad to be a part of these forums...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference!!!

If you have the USB 20-047 cable from Radio Shack, that will work for both the '92 and the '106. But some other cables might not. In order to download from the '106 you'll need WIN500 software (or equiv), but wait to install it as it comes with a 30 day free trial and after that you need to pay/register.

The '92 and the '106 are light years apart. I have virtually all scanners in between them, each with improvements over the prior. While I love my PRO-92, I will say that it does not pick up 800 MHz signals as well as the newer scanners. So keep in mind that you might not pick up what can be picked up with the '106, and if any of the channels are digital, you won't hear them. Another problem has to do with "rebanded Motorola trunked systems". If that's what you want to monitor, you'll likely encounter problems using the '92 (some frequencies are not tracked).

Now if all you want to hear is conventional frequencies, it should not be difficult to sit at your PC, connected here to RadioReference, and copy whatever frequencies you want by hand from the database to WIN92. I'll admit the trunking stuff is a little more work as you typically need frequencies and talkgroups. Since you've got time on your hands, this is more like what the hobby is about anyway. And you can tailor your text tags while you are at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.