Good tropo in South Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Picking up strong signals in south jersey right now! Listening to fire rebroadcasts from Abington/Norristown, PA montgomery county. Also listening to fire dispatch Manhattan and Bronx(confirmed the CTCSS code 186.2). Camden city also seems a bit stronger tonight.
Check it out and enjoy!!

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
policefreak said:
Picking up strong signals in south jersey right now! Listening to fire rebroadcasts from Abington/Norristown, PA montgomery county. Also listening to fire dispatch Manhattan and Bronx(confirmed the CTCSS code 186.2). Camden city also seems a bit stronger tonight.
Check it out and enjoy!!

I'm in Budd Lake, and I heard Wildwood Police (with the PL Tone).

I don't think there is someone else locally using that frequency and pl.

Also hearing Monmouth County very clearly.

wnjl

Just heard Westchester County F-1 on 155.310 PL 192.8 in well here in Florence. NYFD blasting in here as well. Nice to see this starting already in April.

Last edited:

onsceno

From Bergen County today...

Montgomery Co., MD
Dover, DE
Wicomico Co., MD
York Co., PA
Lebanon Co., PA
Greene Co., NY
Schoharie Co., NY
Delaware Co., NY
Albany Co., NY

Was an outstanding day today!

From the looks of things, tomorrow should be even better!

xpawel15x

How does this work ? Does this only happen with roof top antennas or a scanner with a ducky will pick up farther than usual as well?

xpawel15x

How do you look for these more distant than usual freqs? Search mode and identify each unknown frequency? Seems like a hassle..

Highpockets

xpawel15x said:
How do you look for these more distant than usual freqs? Search mode and identify each unknown frequency? Seems like a hassle..

Usually I don't do anything, when distant stations are coming in, I hear the freq's with the pl/dcs what match those stations I have programed in. Depending on what scanner you have, in your conventional banks, set those banks to CSQ instead of tone sq, you may hear a little more that way. So far today has been just local stuff for me, someone in Atlantic City may be listening to Delaware or whatever is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.