Good uhf and vhf ham repeaters to monitor in emergencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's helpful if you tell us where you are. NC is a big state, and there are lots of repeaters.

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
**KD4PBS Repeater APEX, N.C. UPGRADE**

On Saturday June 14, 2008 the KD4PBS Repeater located in Apex, N.C. near 1010 Highway & US HWY 1 South was moved to a new spot on the tower and a new antenna was installed.
The repeater is now at 1,200ft and the frequency is 442.075 w/114.8hz PL.
Previous to this the repeater was at 400ft and used a dual band antenna. The antenna now installed is a mono band antenna with more gain. I would think that our repeater can be considered a strong candidate for providing wide coverage communications to the Triangle Area of N.C. in case of emergency especially due to its proximity to Sharon Harris Nuclear Power Plant.

BTW, Matt KD4PBS also has a APRS Digipeater at 1,400ft on one of the WRDC/WRAL TV Towers in Auburn, N.C. which is close to I-40 & HWY 70 in Garner, N.C. The Digipeater is on 144.390 and its call is KD4PBS-3.

Sam Cederas
K4OC
Raleigh, N.C.

kc4jgc

146.880 when the weather is bad. that is central carolina skywarn's repeater.

Right. This is a wide coverage machine. There is a skywarn net on Wednesday night (someone correct me if I have the wrong day) immediately after the Piedmont Coastal Traffic Net. Just last Wednesday in the afternoon the Skywarn Coordinator NC4VA (op Virginia) called a skywarn net (in standby mode) when a severe thunderstorm warning was in effect southeast of Raleigh.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
the net is brought up anytime there is a severe thunderstorm or tornado warning or watch in the cc skywarn coverage area. here is a website to refer to for more info. http://www.ccskywarn.net

Last edited:

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Right. This is a wide coverage machine. There is a skywarn net on Wednesday night (someone correct me if I have the wrong day) .

the skywarn information net is every tuesday night instead of wednesday night. it is simular to a business meeting that a club or organization might have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.