Goodbye Uniden? Simulcast Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Racefan..do you have anything to sell? I sold two of my remaining 3 guns for a good price...just enough to buy a SDS100. Then the wife had no concerns. I'm already working on my strategy for a SDS 200. Good Luck. If you enjoy scanning this sds100 has proven itself to me already. She is a real charm.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Racefan sell the TRX for $350 to $400 and make up the difference. The TRX will sell and do a person in the right area a good job. You can watch the Classifieds and find a good SDS and see how the TRX's are selling.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Racefan..Buddrousa has an extra one. Maybe he'll give you one ..lol Sorry, I'm just giddy; its that new scanner smell.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
HRO had some open box SDS 100s / SDS200s yesterday for roughly $70 off. I'd buy one if I needed it.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Maus92, I can't thank enough you and others here who commented on this issue. I couldn't be happier with this SDS100, and I am fairly hard to please sometimes. In fact I was convinced that this SDS works for some but not for me. I'm so glad I was wrong.

Anxiety is gone; wallet a little lighter but not by much. I'm sleeping with my sds100 tonight and tomorrow a day of fun and play between us. lol. Thank you. Greg

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
Glad that the sds is working out for you. I have a PRO 433 that I am working on now, need to replace the squelch control, seems this was a real issue with them. I also have 4 or 5 older CB mobiles, both Cobra and R S that need little repairs. After I get all that done, I may sell them for some extra cash. Wink. Lol. Oh, of course, I do have more old school scanners, both Bearcat and R S. I have amassed quite the collection since the 70s.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Soooo...I'm working in my den with my SDS100 next to me. It will not shut-up. Across the room sits my 436, which I had turned on earlier but forgot to turn off.

Out of the blue the 436 starts talking. It has not said one word for weeks, and now its talking again.

I don't try to figure this stuff out; Its to much for my mind to worry about. I could be in the Twilight Zone; I don't care.

Just a funny story. I'll keep an eye on it for the upcoming days and see. Greg

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Soooo...I'm working in my den with my SDS100 next to me. It will not shut-up. Across the room sits my 436, which I had turned on earlier but forgot to turn off.

Out of the blue the 436 starts talking. It has not said one word for weeks, and now its talking again.

I don't try to figure this stuff out; Its to much for my mind to worry about. I could be in the Twilight Zone; I don't care.

Sounds like the old "simulcast" issue. Same system etc.?

maus92

Premium Subscriber

It's jealous.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
As I told you in the PA thread, the SDS200 is confirmed to work nicely with York simulcast, Dauphin simulcast, Adams, Lancaster...the list goes on. I've long preferred Motorola radios on simulcast but if SDS was around 10 years ago, I never would have bought a Motorola. It really works. Kind of misleading to make this post without trying one first (I thought I would be the last person to defend a scanner).

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Its working very good for me. I am surprised, but all the hype seems to be true. By the way, I have heard from a very reliable, knowledgeable person here that we cannot scan the PSP. True?

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Its working very good for me. I am surprised, but all the hype seems to be true. By the way, I have heard from a very reliable, knowledgeable person here that we cannot scan the PSP. True?
Oh I didn't see you picked one up. I'm glad you're happy. PSP is 100% encrypted. Starnet is a bust for scanner listeners unless you want to hear Pendot complain about their radios and talk way too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.