Google Earth for GPS settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinsu

I have always made custom GPS settings for my scanners since the days when radioreference didn't provide the data. I have been using microsoft streets and trips (don't judge, it just works and I've adapted to it really well!). In 2020 I am making rectangles for my SDS100 systems. I've decided it's time to switch over to something like google earth. I've found out how to add placemarks and I found how to draw polygons but uniden uses perfect rectangles. Anyone know a way to draw a perfect rectangle for this purpose?

nd5y

I don't think you can draw a perfect square or rectangle in GE in the same way you draw circles.
I tried control, alt, shift clicking and that doesn't work.
I think all you can do is make a four point polygon and then edit it so the sides have the same latitude or longitude.
If you save it as a .kml file you can go back and edit it with a text editor and make the pairs of coordinates for the four lines the same.

bemyax

Feed Provider
If the right and left sides of your shape each follow a line of longitude, won't the top and bottom be different lengths? ;) I'm so easily amused. Better go back to watching YouTube videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.