Goose Creek PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazzycatman

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully Brain can help. I have not heard any goose creek talk on any of my scanners in over three yrs. i have a396 and 996, one is mobile with me all the time. Are the freq. in the DB old or am i doing something wrong?? any help would be APPRECIATED!!

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Have you tried their talkgroups on Palmetto 800? There are 4 identified for their use and listed in the database on the Palmetto 800 page, Berkeley Co. section. Probably via site 52, maybe others.

Sorry, I don't have any inside information. But I like it when people call me Brain, makes me feel smart.

ARCA-Dave

155.670 is one of the most active freqs here in Summerville and Goose Creek. I hear them allover the lowcountry as they are a strong station. Hope this helps you out..If you have any hints for Summerville that would be helpful. I have all the Palmetto 800 stuff programmed in but as of yet, all I hear is Charleston county and no Dorchester county or summerville.....Dave

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
When I lived in Charleston, I had all the Palmetto 800 sites progged for Berkley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties in my old PRO 94's and PRO-2052 and recieved traffic just fine back then BC was just starting usage of the Palmetto 800, and it was pretty nifty hearing them switching from VHF to the 800. I even helped Brian and others log some of the full usage for DC/S'ville. It was a bit of a challenge but was fun. Wish I was there to hear the new P-25 gorwth in the low country on my 96. Try setting up each tower with a blank slot between them in your pal bank, and you may clear up any issues. Good luck.

WGONE968

Premium Subscriber
Yes the earlier reply is correct. The Goose Creek PD is very active on 155.6700 (186.2). Especially with traffic stops. Anyone living in, or, traveling through knows what I mean. Once in a blue moon you can hear them off the Moncks Corner Palmetto 800 Cell (868.1250) on talkgroup 20208. But once again that is not very often. The Fire Dept is dispatched off 154.2350 (127.3) in case your interested.
Also to an earlier reply about Summerville and Dorchester County, while in Open mode or Wildcard search on the Moncks Corner site, there is large amounts of traffic on 14928 (Summerville Pd), and 14320 (Dorchester County Sheriff). Maybe I misunderstood the earlier post about not being able to listen to Summville and Dorchester County.
Anyway hope this information helps.
Wally

crazzycatman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks To Everyone

I will definately print these responses out for trial this weekend, Brian, Sorry about the misspelling. If any one is the right one to call BRAIN it is you as far as I have seen. Thanks again to all that have contributed to this site and especially this post. CHRIS.

ARCA-Dave

Thanks a bunch

Yes the earlier reply is correct. The Goose Creek PD is very active on 155.6700 (186.2). Especially with traffic stops. Anyone living in, or, traveling through knows what I mean. Once in a blue moon you can hear them off the Moncks Corner Palmetto 800 Cell (868.1250) on talkgroup 20208. But once again that is not very often. The Fire Dept is dispatched off 154.2350 (127.3) in case your interested.
Also to an earlier reply about Summerville and Dorchester County, while in Open mode or Wildcard search on the Moncks Corner site, there is large amounts of traffic on 14928 (Summerville Pd), and 14320 (Dorchester County Sheriff). Maybe I misunderstood the earlier post about not being able to listen to Summville and Dorchester County.
Anyway hope this information helps.
Wally

Hey Wally , thanks a bunch for the Talk group numbers. I will go back and see if I have captured and saved these groups. I honestly am not sure but will check. If I haven't captured either one of them, how would I go about finding them? I am relatively new to this trunking thing and believe I have all the correct freqs programmed in? Thanks again for your help, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.