Goose Creek, Sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwff92

Premium Subscriber
Looking for goose creek city fire dept and police dept live feeds online

rdubeii

GCFD and GCPD

There was a fire department feed, it was down to move to a new permanent home last I heard from the feed provider. As for PD, they recently switched to PAL800 for their primary communications and are not using their VHF channel much anymore, their 800 talkgroups are primarily carried on (I believe) the Charleston Simulcast site, which is outside of the reliable listening range of the feed providers who provide the rest of Berkeley County via online feeds. I'll have to do some more looking into the towers carrying their talkgroups, but they certainly are not affiliated with the Moncks Corner tower very often, which is the tower that provides the best coverage for most of Berkeley county.

DocCLB

I had wondered if the PD had switched to the Simulcast repeater. A few months ago, when the switch to 800 happened they were all over the Moncks Corner repeater. Since about April, it's been sporadic with only traffic ops on holiday weekends and occasional radio checks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The simulcast provides best coverage for the south end of BC. If they need to do a chase or interop with deep central to northern BC, they can access the Monks Corner site. Though I never recall Goose Creek doing to much north, SO usually had that covered pretty good. They can if ever need arise also access the Dorchester County sites.

rdubeii

A little further data, their subscriber units are reportedly programmed with site preference for the charleston simulcast site. So while they can access other sites, and you may occasionally may hear them on other sites, their units will affiliate with the charleston site unless they're so far out that the signal falls below the threshold for shifting to a non-preferred site. I would image they probably did this to minimize roaming fees and maximize their ability to communicate with each other even if a site were to drop into site trunking. It also makes some sense from constant coverage standpoint, as many subscriber units on pal800 jitter between the charleston site and the moncks corner site when near the north end of goose creek, and between charleston and summerville site on the west end of the city. Long story short, if you want to scan Goose Creek PD, you've got to scan the charleston simulcast site.

Status
Not open for further replies.