Got a Friend who lives in Broward Cty, Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Ok, what level of a scanner would work for him. I see Broward is p25 level 1. Could he get by with a 396xt, a 996xt, or would it be best to go to the a 996p2 . Older modal scanners seem that they would work.

SCPD

QRT
Why not plan for the future and get the 996P2? Phase 2 could be any day........
Phase one,phase two then who knows what happens after that.Better to be prepared as possible.
I had a 996P2 and as long as you have a subscription to RR its easy to program with Freescan or ARC XT software.
If he or she knows nothing about scanners get them a home patrol2 or 436HP/536HP.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Several agencies in Broward County have already switched to Phase 2 - FT lauderdale and Coral Springs are both P25 Phase 2 now. I would recommend the Uniden 436 for any P25 Simulcast systems - the other scanners just cant keep up. I own all the others ... Just my advice.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Several agencies in Broward County have already switched to Phase 2 - FT lauderdale and Coral Springs are both P25 Phase 2 now. I would recommend the Uniden 436 for any P25 Simulcast systems - the other scanners just cant keep up. I own all the others ... Just my advice.

Actually there are no P25 phase 2 public safety agencies in Broward...yet. Ft Lauderdale and Coral Springs are still phase 1. But I would still recommend a phase 2 scanner as that switch can always happen in the future.

N4KVE

The county system is still on the same trunking system they've been using for decades. They plan to change over in a year, And of course, nothing ever happens on time. So if you can afford the latest, & greatest scanner, get it now. But if a cheap scanner is all you can afford now, it will be good for another year. Of course, cheap MTS2000's are going for $50.

teufler

Appreciate the answers, he didn't want to spend alot, but I have already said, first years college fund will be lost. Or forget a new car, your old one will last.

jafarm66

Broward County and Phase II

Broward doesn't have any Phase II systems as of yet (Not sure if Ft Lauderdale and Plantation will go Phase II in the future but they are Phase I now) but there are some DMR systems like Detentions and some others. So you might want a Whistler with DMR or a Uniden BCD436 or BCD536 with the DMR addon if any of those systems interest you.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Plantation was testing in TDMA. The County system is Phase II. Just because agencies are using FDMA currently doesn't mean it will stay that was as the infrastructure/core is there. Palm Beach County will also be Phase II. Boynton is online using FDMA but it's a P2 system. S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.