Got a New/Used Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharoknivesloudguns

Premium Subscriber
Lets start off by saying i have a little knowledge in car audio install. Have had a couple of Radio Shack analog scanners and even programmed a uniden desktop for a friend of mine. I bought a pro-106 at my local pawn shop for 92.00 . Came with the box, manuals and everything. I am not afraid to admit it but this scanner really has me confused, i dont even know where to begin . I have all of the freqs. that i want to program into my pro-106 but have no idea where to start and how to do it. Not all things are easy but is their a easy way to program this scanner to where i can scan the freqs that i have ? ? There are so many more lines and numbers i am not familiar with. Can i buy a cloning cable that hooks up between my laptop and scanner to accomplish this ?? Or do i need to purchase some software which will make this easier, kinda like a programming the pro-106 for dummies, cause guys and gals i am a dummy on this one. Could anyone please help me with this ? Please, Please !!!!!! I am so excited to use this scanner, cause i have never had a digital one before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much if u can help me.

w2xq

Mentor
With all due respect, did you read through the RS and programming threads? Also search the RR Wiki. The short answers are yes to your questions. Your manual and/or the often-mentioned Utah Radio web site's easier-to-read manual has details on the specific cable required. There are 3 popular Windows software programs, each with a 30-day free trial. Pros and cons to each; I use Win500 and ARC. HNY, and great buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.