Got a question about Montgomery County dispatching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordcobra04

Premium Subscriber
So, I'm reading up on the freq's of the City of Moraine and I see that they are simulcasted on the counties 800MHz system... Now, what I want to know is, Can I program my scanner to Listen to the talkgroup alloted to Moraine PD and FD on the county system and or do I have to program my scanner for the actual freq's that they use?

fordcobra04

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for clearing that up!

Here is what I'm talking about:
153.90500 155.98500 KRC852 RM 167.9 PL Moraine Fire/EMS Paging (Simulcast of County 800 MHz system)

wdz

Feed Provider
Well, I'd say the only factor that would sway me one way or the other, would be the distance from moraine. The 800mhz trunking system would probably allow you to listen from further away. If you have a trunking scanner, I'd use the 800mhz. But, if you're right next door and you get the 150mhz just fine, then it's up to you :)

16b

Premium Subscriber
The way the wording on the listing for that VHF frequency looks it makes me believe that the pages/dispatches are the only thing that you will hear on VHF. In other words the dispatcher transmits on both (800MHz and VHF), but there is not a full-time patch set up between the two.

So if you want to listen to all of the radio traffic it sounds like you will need to use the 800MHz talkgroups. If you only want to hear the dispatcher (which might be handy sometimes), just listen to VHF.

I could be totally wrong about all of the above as I don't live near there and have never listened to them.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
No you are not wrong. The 153.9050 is used only for paging/alerting.
All actual two way radio traffic is strickly on the trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.