got an ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dub8

i just took my pro 96 to rs to get fixed for the third time the prob im having is on the Motorola Type II SmartZone system i can hear it for a moment and than a loud noise than i cant hear them talking very softly and the talk groups come up

jeffrey420

dub8 said:
i just took my pro 96 to rs to get fixed for the third time the prob im having is on the Motorola Type II SmartZone system i can hear it for a moment and than a loud noise than i cant hear them talking very softly and the talk groups come up

Digital system?

Do they say they fix anything?

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
jeffrey420 said:
If it is the same problem each time, maybe you should suggest they give you a new one.
Agreed. Provided it's under warranty, explain to them that they did not fix it, and you would like a new unit. ;)

jeffrey420

KCChiefs9690 said:
Agreed. Provided it's under warranty, explain to them that they did not fix it, and you would like a new unit. ;)

It might not hurt to go over the store managers head either.

InlandAZ

jeffrey420 said:
It might not hurt to go over the store managers head either.

I had this happen once (many years ago). I ended up calling the regional director for Tandy and basically explaining that although I didn't intend to stop purchasing Radio Shack products, I was somewhat taken back that they wouldn't stand behind their radios once they were sold.

I had returned the scanner several times for reception issues, and the store manager shrugged it off, he eventually told me he’d heard that the radio had many issues, but there wasn’t anything he could do about it (this was after a year of trying to get it fixed).

The regional director told me to box it up and take it back to the store. The manager was waiting when I brought it in – and I ended up with a new PRO 2006 (discounting the price of the returned PRO-34 – with NO receipt).

All of this took over one full year – so the radio wasn’t even covered under warrantee… But, they sure didn’t loose on all the return purchases I’ve made since.

Sometimes you just have to call the right person – start big…

maddogdecker

This is so sad. RS makes really good scanners. The problem is they don't stand behind them. I have mostly RS scanners. When I got into the pro 2055 was the first problem I had with them. Now I have a uniden and that is giving me problems. So I really hope RS gets there act together. But I must say the radio shacks I deal with are pretty good and have some understand of what I'm asking or telling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.