Got me one of those scanner racks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I got one of those 4 bay scanner racks from Scanner Master. Just came in today. I like the new tidy look. I reorganized my small listening post too. These racks are the way to go.
View attachment 93113

Looks great Bob!

A word of caution, don't over tighten the mounting knobs on the SDS200, especially if it's mounted in the top slot. If you do it will put a small pulled out bulged on the side of the scanner case! This doesn't happen on the BCT15X, BCD996 series, only the SDS200.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Looks great Bob!

A word of caution, don't over tighten the mounting knobs on the SDS200, especially if it's mounted in the top slot. If you do it will put a small pulled out bulged on the side of the scanner case! This doesn't happen on the BCT15X, BCD996 series, only the SDS200.
What I ended up doing is putting 2 rubber washers between the scanner case and inside of the mount so the pressure is very minimal and still hold radio in place. I see the sds200 is about 1/8" smaller in width than the other radios so backing up the knobs with washers worked out.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Nice setup I now have a
2 scanner rack
3 scanner rack
4 scanner rack
With one of the super micro pc's and stridsberg multiplexers make nice rigs in the field controlled by
PROSCAN.
I can barely keep up with all the chatter sometimes. I think 4 scanners is my limit. I have found out that I really cant use ONE scanner to monitor everything I listen to. The micro PC fits in the mount ok? They must be pretty small. Like a thin client?

N1NCZ

You could use individual antennas but they will interfere with each others - you best bet is to use a multi-coupler (They come is 2,4,5, & 8 different connections that I know of)

Rich / N1NCZ

Status
Not open for further replies.